• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
btw curious about pricing model - consignment fee? percentage of profit?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Gentlemen -

Thank you all for your well wishes and support. I really appreciate it. Im excited to offer this as well - as far as I know, this is the first Affiliate Vendor program that actually pays you.

To touch on a few of your questions and comments :

Congratulations on the launch!

Thanks T, Im sure you must be tired of that Ferrari by now, aren't you? ;)

The site looks great! Can't wait to buy and/or sell from/with you. A great way to celebrate post #20,000. How hard was it to not post something until this was complete???

It was damn near impossible. When my limit of thumbs comments ran out for the day, I felt empty. I look forward to getting back into the swing of things.

(btw, clicking on your "shop mens" image just takes me to your SF page..known error?)

Stitchy addressed it, but that link is a permanent link to all my open B&S listings on SF - at the moment there are none as I have introduced my site/store with a closet cleaning there. But, there will be soon. Hopefully too, as business and traffic to the site increases, this will also drive more traffic to SF B&S which is better for everyones sales.

Subscribed! 
Is there any limitation on what type/brand/product that you will or will not sell?

This is a very good question, and yes. Its not called "AnythingSwap" :laugh: Its best if you detail the age/condition, and brand and I can generally tell you if its something that will work or not. Size is not so relevant, as my inlaws tell me, "Every pot has a lid" (sounds better in German).

Best wishes for further success, M.

And may that success start with your closet clean. :)

Awesome Spoo! I'm sure I'll be contacting you in the future (considering I have ~ 40 pairs of unworn shoes I need to get rid of!).
I've been using a local consigner thus far but they focus predominantly on women's clothes, similar to most consigners I've seen.

Many people tell me that local consignment shops fare decently, but the problem with brick and mortar places is your exposure is limited to a handful of people a day. I have thousands a day.

The prospect of 40 unworn shoes in your closet sounds unusual, do tell me more about how that happened... :uhoh:

But, but, but... where are the belts at? Natch, heavy leather jackets?

Working on it... almost snagged that MMM blue racer for you.

btw curious about pricing model - consignment fee? percentage of profit?

Specifics for this question should probably be best left to PM (check yours, H), but I can pretty much guarantee is a better rate than you will find at your local B&M shops, while almost always fetching better prices.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome back to the mix!

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats Spoo! I look forward to the suit from you
biggrin.gif

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cool Beans!

Can you sell my mother in law while you are at it?

:nodding:

(just kidding)

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Good stuff, Spoo. I have no doubt that you'll succeed.

CDHagg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Over the past few months, I've been trying to get an eBay consignment business off the ground myself, as another source of income.

It isn't easy, and Spoo's already got me beat.
frown.gif

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The very best of luck to you in this venture! Though I 'm sure you won't need luck to turn it into a dazzling success.
cheers.gif

One minor suggestion: when the number of items in the shop increases in the future, it might be worth either adding a search filter by size or (probably simpler) listing the tagged size in the item title. If it's there already and I didn't spot it, apologies.

LooknGr8

Reaction score
I just want to say I've done direct business with Spoo, consigning stuff with him, and he is solid, honest, responsive & his checks don't bounce. Rock on, man. Got another package of stuff to send ur way...

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Over the past few months, I've been trying to get an eBay consignment business off the ground myself, as another source of income.

It isn't easy

Truth. But don't be discouraged. It takes a long time, patience, and diligence. Don't forget, as I said I have been doing this every day of my life for the past 10 years.

One minor suggestion: when the number of items in the shop increases in the future, it might be worth either adding a search filter by size or (probably simpler) listing the tagged size in the item title. If it's there already and I didn't spot it, apologies.

You are correct, and thanks for the suggestion - Ill certainly try and find a way to expand the search parameters.

I just want to say I've done direct business with Spoo, consigning stuff with him, and he is solid, honest, responsive & his checks don't bounce. Rock on, man. Got another package of stuff to send ur way...

:lol: Send it off mang.

PS - Glad we aren't in "first" grade anymore...

I know you are but what am I?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads