• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
images

I've found it's easier for me to ship them off to have them done than try to cajole my wife to do them for me. That's was how I ended up with pants 5+ years old in need of hems.

Wait, what? Your wife does chainstitch hemming? Or do you mean regular hem? So I totally get the more authentic, better roping etc., etc., and I've probably opted for chainstitch on 75% of the RRL denim I have needed hemmed for one reason or another, but the last few pairs, I was just more like F it, why bother when my dry cleaner has a seamstress who can save me the unpleasantness that is the West Gray USPS building, not to mention not getting to wear my new jeans for 2 to 3 weeks.. sucks all the fun out of impulse buying lmao

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Wait, what? Your wife does chainstitch hemming? Or do you mean regular hem? So I totally get the more authentic, better roping etc., etc., and I've probably opted for chainstitch on 75% of the RRL denim I have needed hemmed for one reason or another, but the last few pairs, I was just more like F it, why bother when my dry cleaner has a seamstress who can save me the unpleasantness that is the West Gray USPS building, not to mention not getting to wear my new jeans for 2 to 3 weeks.. sucks all the fun out of impulse buying lmao
Just regular hem.

Drzdave58

Reaction score
I’m thinking of getting one of these. Anybody have one or care to share their thoughts on this jacket? Is it comparable to the Japanese selvedge denim jackets? Thx in advance.
IMG_4108.jpeg

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you guys store your RRL items? Trying to figure out the best way to keep all my high end cotton and wool products safe from humidity, silver fish and moths

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Cotton, linen I just fold and stack on shelves. Wool, silk I store in garment bags or storage bags during off season.

Humidity not much of a problem here.

Even moths aren’t much of a problem here but I did get some moth holes on wool cuffs of leather jacket I didn’t put in garment bag.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cotton, linen I just fold and stack on shelves. Wool, silk I store in garment bags or storage bags during off season.

Humidity not much of a problem here.

Even moths aren’t much of a problem here but I did get some moth holes on wool cuffs of leather jacket I didn’t put in garment bag.
What kind of garment bags? I've read paper ones are better to let the fabric breathe

kurdo

Reaction score
Also interested in some garment bag recommendations for my wool & silk items. And garment bags/storage bins for everything else. I currently only use dust covers.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Can't compare to Japanese jackets but this one is both very stiff, and very cropped
I was curious how cropped it actually is.

Measured base of collar to bottom hem. All size XL.
The black one in question is about 24 3/4 inches.
The blue washed version is just under 26.
The lightweight blue sawtooth pocket jacket from last year is also 24 3/4 or so.
An RRL type 1 from several years ago is just under 25.
An RRL type 2 from several years ago is 25 1/2.
Selvedge RRL Lee rider lookalike is just under 26.

I think the main takeaway from this is I like denim jackets.
But I'm also kind of surprised there's so much difference between the black one and the blue washed.
Personally I don't think it's too short.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was curious how cropped it actually is.

Measured base of collar to bottom hem. All size XL.
The black one in question is about 24 3/4 inches.
The blue washed version is just under 26.
The lightweight blue sawtooth pocket jacket from last year is also 24 3/4 or so.
An RRL type 1 from several years ago is just under 25.
An RRL type 2 from several years ago is 25 1/2.
Selvedge RRL Lee rider lookalike is just under 26.

I think the main takeaway from this is I like denim jackets.
But I'm also kind of surprised there's so much difference between the black one and the blue washed.
Personally I don't think it's too short.
So this one is 26" ?
1714507271032.png

WaltDud

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics