• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will snap some when able!
A different opinion here— in no way do I think that the Neo cut is not appropriate for the office. Have worn (non-SM) sportcoats with 4.3” lapels to work (a midwestern medical center) and nobody’s batted an eye. IMO anyone wearing a tailored jacket nowadays is “dressed up”. Nobody’s paying attention to the shape of your lapels.
+1. Absolutely insane in 2024. NOBODY is thinking of a sport coat/suit as too casual nowadays in the real world.
Can you comment on if the new trouser fit is significantly larger in seat/thigh? Thanks
Cannot yet.

JTrent82

Reaction score
+1. Absolutely insane in 2024. NOBODY is thinking of a sport coat/suit as too casual nowadays in the real world.
I probably could have articulated myself better, but I'm not sure I can do better now. Neo has a vibe and it doesn't vibe with me in the office. Of course no lay observer bats an eye, but I know. When I look at myself in the mirror wearing a Neo jacket, I feel like I'm going to Pitti. I just never reach for them when I'm on my way to work. It's like the difference between driving a sports car versus a sensible sedan. I drive a Camry, but everyone has their own preferences.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I probably could have articulated myself better, but I'm not sure I can do better now. Neo has a vibe and it doesn't vibe with me in the office. Of course no lay observer bats an eye, but I know. When I look at myself in the mirror wearing a Neo jacket, I feel like I'm going to Pitti. I just never reach for them when I'm on my way to work. It's like the difference between driving a sports car versus a sensible sedan. I drive a Camry, but everyone has their own preferences.

IMO the silver lining of the casualization of work is that there is, I think, much more tolerance of what is okay to wear to work. Maybe some of this reflects ignorance of men's tailoring in general but I'd like to think that most of it is that people just DGAF about looking a certain way at work.

Understand that you have to be comfortable in your own skin (or jacket) -- just suggesting that maybe you don't need to be self-conscious about the style of your jacket. It's actually kinda fun being able to wear some styles I think I couldn't have gotten away with when workplaces were much more conservative and uniform (pun intended) with their expectations around office-appropriate clothing.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's reasonable. OUR neuroses exist, no doubt lol.

alkydrinker

Reaction score
Pre-announcement email about new custom shirt program just dropped… I have so many questions and fears.

Sounds like they are eliminating the ability to enter specific measurements. E.g., “you can choose tucked or untucked length.” My preferred length is quite long, much longer than s&ms OTR length. So this whole thing may be a deal breaker for me. We‘ll just have to wait 3 days and see how the options actually work.

On the plus side, they mention adding numerous new fabric options

Attachments

• IMG_8915.jpeg
    IMG_8915.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_8916.jpeg
    IMG_8916.jpeg
    109.4 KB · Views: 77

Bidouleroux

Reaction score
Pre-announcement email about new custom shirt program just dropped… I have so many questions and fears.

Sounds like they are eliminating the ability to enter specific measurements. E.g., “you can choose tucked or untucked length.” My preferred length is quite long, much longer than s&ms OTR length. So this whole thing may be a deal breaker for me. We‘ll just have to wait 3 days and see how the options actually work.

On the plus side, they mention adding numerous new fabric options
Why do you automatically assume it's replacing the current MTM program? It clearly states it's a NEW program, not a replacement for MTM. If you click on the image and go to the website, they confirm MTM is still available and will be an additional USD $20 surcharge in the new pricing scheme (overall price same as before).

mtm.png

alkydrinker

Reaction score
^ oh nice. The thought did cross my mind that they might also retain the old program. I should’ve clicked the link.

Hoping this promise of tons more fabrics means that the full MTM also gets those fabrics

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gray PoW check flannel suit. Neo cut. Re the current discussion - These days, IDGAF what anyone thinks about my style of dressing. Comes with getting older and more ornery 😉
IMG_7389.png

IMG_7390.png

DapperPhilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is the suit I ordered in real life. It is made well and fits me perfect but I don't care for the color IRL. I was hoping it would be more of a true navy but in fact the websites pic is very accurate.

View attachment 2178197 View attachment 2178199 View attachment 2178201 View attachment 2178203

I would ad that it traveled well. The wrinkles it had when unpacked were gone by the next day just by hanging it up.

classicoutfits

Reaction score

classicoutfits

Reaction score
I am looking for single pleat wool summer pants in grey and they have one option. everything else is flat front. is this typical? can't recall what was the case last couple of years

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batikslot