• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stefan88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would not call that tie particularly casual, but I would say that brown shoes would have rounded out the ensemble better.

Yeah, should have had that pair of dark oaks I guess. It's on the list, but a couple of others coming up first! :D (Dover, some single monk and a black full brogue!)
Appreciate the feedback. One of the main reasons I'm posting.

Gino Abruzzo

Reaction score
You need to pick up your photo game, Gino. I see no graffiti backgrounds.
lookaround.gif
I'm kidding by the way.

Done.

AT THE STAIRS.

(Suitsupply, Cottonwork, Exquisit Trimmings, Simonnot Godard, Vass)

Lancaster

Reaction score

Done. AT THE STAIRS. (Suitsupply, Cottonwork, Exquisit Trimmings, Simonnot Godard, Vass)
Nice ensemble. I like how the colors play off the sandy neutrals of the background (save for the graffiti pic). I know the goal is the fit, but there is also the undeniable aspect of the quality of the portrait that may deserve comment. A man and his outfit are not seen by the world in a vacuum. Rather, he is een in a context, against the backdrop of the world around him. I believe that one of the goals, and perhaps the foundation, of sartorial elegence is making the world around us a more beautiful place.

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Whoa, I really like that tie.

Agreed, very nice. @EliodA Is this the ET rust donegal? Would love details on shirt as well (note I eschewed the use of "deets" here, in light of recent convo, er, conversation regarding goofy expressions and abbreviations currently in use). Closeups of each would be most welcome, if it's not too much trouble.

Really well put together, overall.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

85 degrees and humid

SF Family:
Henry Carter
Howard Yount
Meermin
Vincero (with a review coming shortly)

Last edited:

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Whoa, I really like that tie.

Agreed, very nice. @EliodA Is this the ET rust donegal? Would love details on shirt as well (note I eschewed the use of "deets" here, in light of recent convo, er, conversation regarding goofy expressions and abbreviations currently in use). Closeups of each would be most welcome, if it's not too much trouble.

Really well put together, overall.

Thank you, gentlemen.
The donegal tie is from Moessmer, Northern Italy. Got it on Ebay for $7.00
nod[1].gif

Shirt was a little bit more expensive.... Close ups:

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you, gentlemen. The donegal tie is from Moessmer, Northern Italy. Got it on Ebay for $7.00
nod%5B1%5D.gif
Shirt was a little bit more expensive.... Close ups:
Thanks, love both. Tie is obviously an insane value (guessing you posted that one in the "I just got a deal" thread, or whatever the heck its called; if not, you should), and the shirt is classically elegant with enough visual interest to avoid being too conservative business dress conservative. The fact it's a Kiton is not too shabby either, but what's in a name? ;)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads