• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 2012

Lendo

Reaction score

What kind of shoes do you tend to wear with Engineered Garments trousers? I have a few pairs of USN pants for this season [Olive Reversed Sateen, Khaki Cotton Whipcord and Indigo Denim 12oz] and trying to decide between wearing Oak Street Bootmakers OR Red Wings.

Any advice from you all would be most appreciated. Cheers fellas.

Depending on how you sized them i'd say Red Wings may be too chunky for them. My USN pants are a bit on the slim side, I've been wearing CP's and Virgils with them. I could see the RW work oxfords looking great with them as well.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I stopped by Drinkwater's this week in Cambridge and had the pleasure of chatting with Gary. Surprisingly, I was able to find a nice SS12 madras work shirt that was priced at 50% off (correct me if I have the number wrong, it was either 40 or 50%). I couldn't be more pleased and have never see so much EG in person.What a privilege to have that kind of EG stock that local to me.

The FW12 indigo and flannel work shirts are stunning in person. I'm confident that there is a 0% chance of picking one up at the end of the season at discount :(

Thanks for a pleasant visit Gary.

the_state

Reaction score
Anyone have reco's for a black, non boot/white soled shoe to pair with EG? A nice chunky wide toe. Thinking the all black Doc Marten MIE's would work really well.

alex99

Reaction score

No need to apologize when you were trying to help. And yea, tried all of the stockists in you mentioned plus others. take care!

Call Nepenthes (212 643 9540)

I called them the other day looking for a Military scarf in Olive. They were sold out, but the guy gave me a complete list of everyone who ordered them, and how many they ordered. He was super helpful and I found what I was looking for at Stuart and Wright.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
9101fwaa_zpsbb7c87c8.jpg

IMG_7389_zps70bcb1ad.jpg

1294fwa_zpsbcf3f9e0.jpg

IMG_1295_zps59239d4a.jpg

IMG_07983_zps456a9df5.jpg

IMG_0858_zps60d84c38.jpg

IMG_06393_zpsa04d8105.jpg

fv-082-3_zps31e533d3.jpg

fv-059-4_zpsf7dd1bc9.jpg

fv-082-5_zps12469aea.jpg

fv-894-7_zps6d9d3196.jpg

fv-894-9_zps8fb09dcc.jpg

fv-915_zps4c9b275d.jpg

fv-207-4_zpsad4fb8d4.jpg

fv-088_zpsf18df1a5.jpg

fv-033-fairlsle-3_zps5f81d0e1.jpg

fk-040-3_zpsc39d9c70.jpg

fv-008-5_zpsed525939.jpg

fv-113-8_zps8297d3eb.jpg

fv-190-6_zps8364749c.jpg

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1. That fit with the cream 3A is ******* awesome.
2. Is that a corduroy truman I spy? If so, WHERE to cop?:nodding:

Gmas

Reaction score

Depending on how you sized them i'd say Red Wings may be too chunky for them. My USN pants are a bit on the slim side, I've been wearing CP's and Virgils with them. I could see the RW work oxfords looking great with them as well.

I tired on the reverse sateen USN pants with my black CP Achilles and the two of them together totally sold me on them.....so much so that I went and bought the brown and navy whipcord versions as well.

For the person inquiring about Nepenthes, I don't believe they ship internationally.

Also, on the navy wool denim Bedford, I know Gary at Drinkwater's has tracked down specific items he didn't carry for people before.....might be worth a shot.

pseudonym

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone have reco's for a black, non boot/white soled shoe to pair with EG? A nice chunky wide toe. Thinking the all black Doc Marten MIE's would work really well.

I think most EG stuff goes well with Doc Martens. As always, Birks are a mainstay of the Nepenthes family.

Please don't start an argument about Birks here.

Knight

Reaction score
Thanks for the help fellas, it's funny you mentioned red wing oxfords because those were the ones I was eyeing. So I grabbed a paid the russet coloured oxfords, for the USN pants. I think CPs will be awesome too. I was also considering a pair of oak street bookmakers -- shoes rather than boots. I'll keep you posted how I go on those. Thanks again for the footwear advice! :)

runningfrog

Reaction score

Tororo

Reaction score
To the stores listening in here, I am looking for either this season's Work shirt or Miner shirt in natural cotton herringbone in size M.
Context has the Work shirt, but is sold out in Medium, Mohawk still has it, but didn't answer my e-mail about shipping internationally.

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As much as i dislike the owners of the store - 50% off of all EG at fred segal trend
I found a railroader jacket in natural, i had given up hope on finding this jacket in my size!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads