• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 2012

the year 1492

Reaction score
I got a chance to see the vertical striped baker jacket today - it's way, way more affable in person than it looks in pictures. I was really impressed - and this is coming from someone who isn't always down with Daiki's bolder/avant-garde designs. This one's very cool.

sungmineyo

Reaction score
Just heads up for people who bought bedford this season. Finish on buttons (metal part) are not durable, I already used extra button that came with purchase after 2 wears.
I dont usually button up jacket but metal part on button just broke.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This is an interesting scarf, where to get more details?

Button shawl: http://www.stevenalan.com/BUTTON-SHAWL/62454,default,pd.html not sure who else has them

Just heads up for people who bought bedford this season. Finish on buttons (metal part) are not durable, I already used extra button that came with purchase after 2 wears.

Probably wouldn't hurt to contact EG about the buttons, they're usually good about helping out with issues like this.

Last edited:

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is an interesting scarf, where to get more details?
fv-059-4_zpsf7dd1bc9.jpg

https://www.doo-bop.com/shopping/products/shosai.php?itemcd=18-29&b=10

CSCoHammers7

Reaction score
Last but not least, we received our final shipment for our Drinkwater's stock from Engineered Garments today:

Navy 20oz Melton Wool Baker Jacket. Full size run XS>XL $410.00

On a somewhat related note, we also received our full shipment of FW12 Universal Works today. It's a really great collection that I'm sure many EG fans have become familiar with, and by this point it really deserves its own thread; keep an eye out for that and come join in on the discussion over there as well!

Feel free to call the store at (617) 547-2067, or PM Gary or myself any time.

--Steven

nakedundermyclothes

Reaction score

Dammit...was questioning the durability of the new button design on the bedford this season...may opt not to get one this season

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Button shawl: http://www.stevenalan.com/BUTTON-SHAWL/62454,default,pd.html not sure who else has them
Probably wouldn't hurt to contact EG about the buttons, they're usually good about helping out with issues like this.

First linked looks real good to me, the second and the one I quoted earlier looks flat now compared to the darker navy. Are they really the same? Looks so different. Thanks for the links

Knight

Reaction score

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How does nowhere in Europe/online stock this shirt? it's perfect...
anyone know where I can get my hands on one? (in small)

(Brown Floral 19th century bd)

I read earlier in the thread that Oi Polloi were stocking it, but it's nowhere on there site, have these shirts just not been sent out to anywhere yet? (hence the lack of them online) or are they just not stocked by many people?
I've only seen it at nepenthes nyc, http://nepenthesnewyork.blogspot.mx/2012/09/in-stock-engineered-garments-19c-bd.html

Last edited:

King Leer

Reaction score
Is it just me, or do all the Blazers this season fit a bit more snug than usual?

Obviously they're thicker due to the fabric, though this winter they're tighter when I try them on than FW2011

Also - the Andover this season is boss.

TWorksheets

Reaction score

Also - the Andover this season is boss.

Agreed. Best fitting jacket this season for me, hands down. I was hoping I could find another one on discount later, but that seems pretty unlikely. Maybe I oughta put my line of credit to use :devil:

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glen Plaid Porter inbound from Context, their pics make it look bad as always but I tried it on at Nepenthes and.. :slayer:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads