• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 2012

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i just got the blackwatch blazer from scott.m in the mail this week. holy **** dude, the fabric is inane. good luck on your search.

:( yeah it's been though, figure somebody would want to sell as black watch isn't as poplar this season. Enjoy it!

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anybody tried the herringbone baker this season? i'm 5'11" and 170, think i should go with a medium?
i bought a medium lansdown last season and ended up returning it, it was huge.

Last edited:

CSCoHammers7

Reaction score
Today at Drinkwater's we received:

Shawl Collar Cinch Vest in Navy 20oz Melton XS>XL $265.00

Quilted Chesterfield Coat in Navy Wool Uniform Serge S>XL $675.00

Gary was also able to get his hands on some CPO shirts that weren't originally part of our order: Olive Wool Flannel S>L $360.00

As always, feel free to call us at the store (617) 547-2067 or PM Gary or myself with any questions or orders.

Thanks!

Last edited:

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
decided to give the EG x Golden Bear varsity a try. Ordered the navy/black one from Barneys (needed a place with easy returns, plus they have free shipping). Not sure it's going to work for me but I'm intrigued enough to give it a try. Length and fit will have to be spot on for me to keep it, but if it is it looks like it could be a pretty cool jacket. Will post thoughts once it arrives, but if anyone has one or has tried it on I'd be interested in hearing your impressions.

Gmas

Reaction score

decided to give the EG x Golden Bear varsity a try. Ordered the navy/black one from Barneys (needed a place with easy returns, plus they have free shipping). Not sure it's going to work for me but I'm intrigued enough to give it a try. Length and fit will have to be spot on for me to keep it, but if it is it looks like it could be a pretty cool jacket. Will post thoughts once it arrives, but if anyone has one or has tried it on I'd be interested in hearing your impressions.

I'm on the fence with this piece myself, the main sticking point being thickness. Hard to get a good idea of just how heavy it is. The guys at Inventory mentioned it was substantial but unlined. Nepenthes hinted that it might be on the lighter side which is a bit of a put off.

Also, thank you to those that chimed in on the CPO sizing and Camo Bedford availability.

Last edited:

Gmas

Reaction score

Do you guys typically wear the same size jackets (blazers - not parkas) in EG as shirting?

I usually wear a Medium in their shirts, but a Large in jackets (blazers) and outerwear. I'm 6'0, 185 for reference.

Last edited:

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i used to size up but i think from 2010 or 2011, daiki shortened the arms in their shirts. im a 36 and normally took XS but now am a S in all jackets and shirts. chest-wise xs fits me better but the arms are too short (i have normal length arms, not monkey arms)

drgs

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the fit of the Field Parka (NyCo Ripstop)? I'm looking at the measurements -- why are the sleeves so long?

El QUaG

Reaction score
Can anyone help me locate a North American retailer stocking Herrinbone Truman Jacket in size medium? Would appear plenty for sale in various EU stores (Start London, Garbstore) but the conversion rate is simply too high.

Ritchee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like this season's navy wool denim fabric. So far I've seen it on the CPO shirt, Landsdown, Railroader Jacket, Bedford, and a cap. Anything else?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Can anyone comment on the fit of the Field Parka (NyCo Ripstop)? I'm looking at the measurements -- why are the sleeves so long?

It has raglan sleeves, which probably accounts for a long sleeve measurement depending on where you're looking.

Can anyone help me locate a North American retailer stocking Herrinbone Truman Jacket in size medium? Would appear plenty for sale in various EU stores (Start London, Garbstore) but the conversion rate is simply too high.

Jack Straw in Seattle had several in various sizes when I was last in a week ago, though I can't say for sure if a medium was still available. Have you called them yet to check?

I really like this season's navy wool denim fabric. So far I've seen it on the CPO shirt, Landsdown, Railroader Jacket, Bedford, and a cap. Anything else?

So far there's also an upland vest and button shawl.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm on the fence with this piece myself, the main sticking point being thickness. Hard to get a good idea of just how heavy it is. The guys at Inventory mentioned it was substantial but unlined. Nepenthes hinted that it might be on the lighter side which is a bit of a put off.
Also, thank you to those that chimed in on the CPO sizing and Camo Bedford availability.

I'll let you know how it is once it arrives. Looks like it's coming in tomorrow (surprisingly fast for a store that lists 7-10 days for standard delivery). Also, I think it's lined...all the pictures make it look like it's lined with a black cotton like fabric inside, but I could be wrong. I have no idea what the weight of the wool is, that is definitely something I'm curious to find out. I guess I hope it's a mid-weight fabric as I already have a thick wool Filson coat for when it's really cold, I need something for cool but not bitter cold days.

runningfrog

Reaction score

try nepenthes ny, i got my hb truman from them last month. it was $552 shipped.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aeternum