• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Discussions about the fashion industry thread

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really don't see why you'd bring the topic of tiny male g3nitals into this conversation.

i'm not trying to be any way about this . what I'm asking is that if there is a natural shortage in supply where does that manifest in the marketplace ? you know the little charts with S and D curves where you can show the mechanics of shortages etc ...

i've been hearing about peak oil since 2007 and it's been ' inevitable ' for far longer . some folks reframe it as a demand issue which is nonsense to me if demand happens to land within the envelope of available supply ; if the markets are in equilibrium the idea becomes inconsquential . show me the shortage is all i'm asking .

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Until western capitalism changes and a CEO doesn't have the fiduciary duty to squeeze every penny of profit for the board members and stock holders that 1-2% mentioned in the article isn't going to change.

Not to mention that 1-2% of revenues could end up being a huge percentage of net income (or even more than 100% in some cases).

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Not to mention that 1-2% of revenues could end up being a huge percentage of net income (or even more than 100% in some cases).

Of course, I realize these margins are thin.

If there was a pizza joint in your neighborhood (which already has ample choices for pizza in this scenario) that said they could only keep the doors open if they were allowed to poison not just their customers but the whole neighborhood, would you tell them to shove it or would you concede that their criteria for staying afloat justified it?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads