• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

best off-the-rack suits

jmatt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edward Appleby
Isaia really belongs between those two groups, along with RLPL and Barbera.
Probably fair. I did put Isaia intentionally at the top of the 2nd list. I'm not familiar with RLPL, but I do own a pair of Barbera pants which are unbelievable. I haven't paid attention to Barbera's suits though.

Your points are well taken.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chris "Italia"
Anyone up for Ravazzolo?

My tailor says they make the best RTW suit.

They have not been making suits for long, but they can be thought of on the same level as Isaia Napoli RTW.

kitonbrioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slim fitting suits are for the fortunate few. Most slim fitting suits seem to aim for fashion and style and not always for quailty. For quality in rtw the Oxxford, Brioni and Kiton seem much higher quality with Brioni and Kiton still having a great deal of style.

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine.
Top: Attolini, Borrelli, Kiton, Oxxford, Brioni, Isaia, Zegna Napoli, PRPL. I am sure there are many other fine labels I missed.

Middle: Ermenegildo Zegna, Canali, Baldessarini, Vestimenta.

Low: J.P Tilford, Corneliani, Polo, all other suits with canvas but no handwork.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Top: Attolini, Borrelli, Kiton, Oxxford, Brioni, Isaia, Zegna Napoli, PRPL.
Not to criticize unduly here but I feel Borrelli, Isaia, Napoli, and Purple Label are not in the same league as Kiton, Oxxford, Brioni and some Attolini. I would also consider Zegna Sartorial a bit higher than Canali but I like both.

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Not to criticize unduly here but I feel Borrelli, Isaia, Napoli, and Purple Label are not in the same league as Kiton, Oxxford, Brioni and some Attolini. I would also consider Zegna Sartorial a bit higher than Canali but I like both.

Yes, but .. notice my size of bucket .. its rather broad .. I mainly classified as suits that have canvas, but machine made, suits that have canvas with hand set sleeves with no other significant handwork, suits that have many handwork. I can break down the top class into 3 different sections, but .. that becomes too painful ..

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
You are right: these do work fine among the broader categories as you mention. Maybe there is a 4th bucket at the top.
smile.gif

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love Belvest suits because they have no name recognition and can be had under 800.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rssmsvc
I love Belvest suits because they have no name recognition and can be had under 800.

There are currently some Belvests at STP for under $500...

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Soph
Attolini
Borrelli

wow.gif
Kiton, she sings to you no more?
cry.gif

Master Shake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sartoria Castangia

yhddude

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MilanoStyle
Mine.
Top: Attolini, Borrelli, Kiton, Oxxford, Brioni, Isaia, Zegna Napoli, PRPL. I am sure there are many other fine labels I missed.

Middle: Ermenegildo Zegna, Canali, Baldessarini, Vestimenta.

Low: J.P Tilford, Corneliani, Polo, all other suits with canvas but no handwork.

If you were to break this group into 2 which group would Borelli fall in? Is it closer to Kiton/Oxxford/Brioni or Closer to a an Isaia?

Also, what about Battistoni?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads