• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Burgundy shoe appreciation thread

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
always been my fave color for shoes.

goes with gear intended for black shoes
goes with gear intended for brown shoes

versatile.

looks good.

esp. now that everyone wears brown, it's a nice way to stand out from the herd

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
me too , i love burgundy shoes as well. all variations from deep plum look to bright acrylic red looks.

interestingly enough, i was perusing through some popular radio stations and there seems to be a song written in appreciation for this color as well.

i think part of the song went like this,

"Burg , burg , burg.. the burg is the word"

have you heard it ?

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol. I need more burgundy shoes. Only have one pair, not even a good pair.

jjl5000

Reaction score
Agreed. I just ordered two pairs of EGs in the sale, both in burgundy!

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For your viewing pleasure, my burgundy EG Monmouths:

shoesuu7.jpg

Windsurf

Reaction score
Yes I have an addiction to Burgundy and other red shades. I see them as looking richer in tone than black or most browns. I prefer them with black or grey slacks but particularly black. I think it makes the black look richer as well.

jjl5000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
For your viewing pleasure, my burgundy EG Monmouths:

shoesuu7.jpg

Awesome...

I had read somewhere that the antiquing on Burgundy EGs was minimal if any at all. Your pic has restored faith and heightened my anticipation. Thanks for posting the pic.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jjl5000
Awesome...

I had read somewhere that the antiquing on Burgundy EGs was minimal if any at all. Your pic has restored faith and heightened my anticipation. Thanks for posting the pic.

I don't know what other people's experience with Burgundy EGs has been, but mine have a significant amount of antiquing. The toe box is much darker than the rest of the shoe and there are also some lighter patches on the shoe. Basically, the antiquing is phenominal.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Excellent pics. The EG Iverness in Burgundy is on my wish list, but those Monmouths look awfully nice, too.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Goes with everything. I love them. It's the only non-black shoe you can pair with black pants and look great. Also goes with tan pants, gray - pretty much everything. I love mine.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Windsurf
Yes I have an addiction to Burgundy and other red shades. I see them as looking richer in tone than black or most browns. I prefer them with black or grey slacks but particularly black. I think it makes the black look richer as well.

agree....why wear black shoes with black trousers when burgundy/dark reds look much better

Odor, I remember those shoes from before...very nice! not a big fan of EGs in general, but I remember yours as being a pair I'd buy if I happened across them

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's my new pair of burgundy shoes.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Odor, I remember those shoes from before...very nice! not a big fan of EGs in general, but I remember yours as being a pair I'd buy if I happened across them

Thanks. I'm not a big fan of EGs either (which is why I decided to forego the recent sale), but, this is one of my favorite pairs of shoes - especially because of the antiquing job they did on them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads