• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Baggy menswear: is it a thing now?

mkm88414

Reaction score
A friend of mine owns a men's clothing boutique and is on top of the new trends. According to him (and other things I've seen) baggy menswear is back.

He wears slacks with pleated fronts and baggy crotch and seat areas. What do you guys think about this trend?

There's something to being comfortable but baggy menswear seems strange since I've always seen fitted clothing to be a statement of it being more personal. Are you guys on board with baggy?

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We've suffered seeing shrunken crap for the last several years. It was inevitable that sooner or later the pendulum would swing back to the opposite extreme. Who cares? Buy or have made what you prefer and what fits you well, screw the ridiculous attempts to get you to throw out your current wardrobe and start over.

mkm88414

Reaction score
We've suffered seeing shrunken crap for the last several years. It was inevitable that sooner or later the pendulum would swing back to the opposite extreme. Who cares? Buy or have made what you prefer and what fits you well, screw the ridiculous attempts to get you to throw out your current wardrobe and start over.
I guess the question is around "what fits you well." To him the baggy stuff fits exactly as it is intended to. In my opinion, too big.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If people want to wear it, whose business but their own. I wouldn't and many here wouldn't but that is no condemnation of the style beyond me saying it looks dreadful - and that is a subjective opinion.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trouser wise definitely a yes. Oversized jackets and shirts are probably better left to the catwalk.

acconrad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fashion is always a reaction to what was cool. Sausage casing slim fits were cool a decade ago, so now the kids want to do the opposite to stake their own fashion. Somewhere in the middle is nice - gotta let those Christmas hams breathe, just not in puddles of fabric

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
augusteklaus3