• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2024 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ravello PTB on TB landed today and they look amazing. I like brass hardware, just not really my style. The brass on these are a little muted so I’ll test drive them for a year or so and see how I feel. Solo and family shot with my Ravello Caps that I still say are the best shade of Ravello I’ve seen…….

View attachment 2185555 View attachment 2185551 View attachment 2185553
Can you share side profile pics? And are these on leather soles? These look amazing and I have a pair of Ravello Plain Toes en route, but not sure if these are the same make-up or different shop.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you share side profile pics? And are these on leather soles? These look amazing and I have a pair of Ravello Plain Toes en route, but not sure if these are the same make-up or different shop.

I can meet you half way Steve, they are from David Wood and yes, double leather soles. Unfortunately I can’t share side pic’s as they are already in flight to Aram to swap the brass hardware. In looking at the beauties that @MrDV recently posted, I was optimistic that I’d be fine with the brass. But upon further review, while all brass eyes would work, the brass hooks are a bit too much for my style of dress. Looking forward to putting some serious miles on them this fall/winter as I really love the TB vibe and the shade is just oh so good.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can meet you half way Steve, they are from David Wood and yes, double leather soles. Unfortunately I can’t share side pic’s as they are already in flight to Aram to swap the brass hardware. In looking at the beauties that @MrDV recently posted, I was optimistic that I’d be fine with the brass. But upon further review, while all brass eyes would work, the brass hooks are a bit too much for my style of dress. Looking forward to putting some serious miles on them this fall/winter as I really love the TB vibe and the shade is just oh so good.
:fistbump: we're both in agreement with the 9 eyelets! I would love that look on these! Honestly, with double leather, the Indy quarter stitch, AND 9 eyelets?!?!?! Killer combo!

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Cigar Bal’s for me today. Darkened the antique edges…….

View attachment 2185263 View attachment 2185261

Standards are low, but I always say brown muddy water is better than none. For Pittsburgh, this is a really nice view………

View attachment 2185267

Happy Friday-eve Gents. Have a great day.

Those Cigar Balmorals are just on point Shawn! Those are looking just classic and you are wearing them well!

Holy #2 Batman! Those boots are just amazing and have such a lovely shade on them! Mic drop.

Ravello PTB on TB landed today and they look amazing. I like brass hardware, just not really my style. The brass on these are a little muted so I’ll test drive them for a year or so and see how I feel. Solo and family shot with my Ravello Caps that I still say are the best shade of Ravello I’ve seen…….

View attachment 2185555 View attachment 2185551 View attachment 2185553

Oh wow Shawn, congratulations on those Boots! I think I have the same run coming in at some point in time in the near future! Look forward to seeing them IRL! Hopefully you can get them to where you just love them!

View attachment 2185561
New to me unlined BB LHS

In great condition

Congratulations! That is just such an amazing pickup! The Unlined LHS is just such a perfect Alden in my opinion. Just wears so nicely!

-Mike

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

I am excited to add to my collection, the Alden Color #2 Shell Cordovan Plain Toe Boot. Pretty much Alden perfection defined....

Alden Color 2 Shell Cordovan PT Boot - 1.jpg

Alden Color 2 Shell Cordovan PT Boot - 6.jpg

Alden Color 2 Shell Cordovan PT Boot - 48.jpg

And as compared to my other PT Boots...

Alden Color 2 Shell Cordovan PT Boot - 29.jpg

More details and pictures are available here...

Cheers and happy Friday!

-Mike

CLH03

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

I am excited to add to my collection, the Alden Color #2 Shell Cordovan Plain Toe Boot. Pretty much Alden perfection defined....

View attachment 2186031

View attachment 2186033

View attachment 2186035

And as compared to my other PT Boots...

View attachment 2186037

More details and pictures are available here...

Cheers and happy Friday!

-Mike
#2 really is quite a bit more red than #4. Nice to see them side by side. Those look great!

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The SD cat’s, taking things to another level. Just incredible @mdubs. And of course, I hopped right over to AoSD to read the det’s and view some additional pic’s.

Well deserved and nicely done!

GGMac

Reaction score
Gents,

Its been a while for me on this forum but the collection has continued to grow. The non shell arrivals are below (L-R): Saddle calf v-tips from Brogue, Navy Nubuck Indy shoes from B+M, Navy Suede Dr. Jones boots from Ealdwine, Navy Nubuck Greenwich boots from Leffot, Tan Chamois Indy boots from Ealdwine, Arabica Lux Indy Boots from Sherman Bros, and Loden cap toe boots from B+M.
IMG_3048.jpeg

i was also fortunate to acquire 2 Ravello boots

Plaza WTB on double leather

IMG_3049.jpeg

and most recently the PTB
IMG_3044.jpeg

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents,

Its been a while for me on this forum but the collection has continued to grow. The non shell arrivals are below (L-R): Saddle calf v-tips from Brogue, Navy Nubuck Indy shoes from B+M, Navy Suede Dr. Jones boots from Ealdwine, Navy Nubuck Greenwich boots from Leffot, Tan Chamois Indy boots from Ealdwine, Arabica Lux Indy Boots from Sherman Bros, and Loden cap toe boots from B+M.
View attachment 2186055

i was also fortunate to acquire 2 Ravello boots

Plaza WTB on double leather

View attachment 2186057
and most recently the PTB
View attachment 2186059
Quite the haul! Love the variety and love that we both have many of these same make-ups!

slows2k

Reaction score
All these plain toe boots in rare shell popping up at once make me insanely jealous. I had the Leffot Villager Boot in suede and then preordered the color 8 during their second run, and think they may just be the best boot alden makes. Then, along comes these other colors...

Wear them in good health everyone!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member