• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
71461c1e-f4cc-4611-9883-89791ac3502b.jpeg

d08a2376-1b44-4bea-9661-63dcf7c4cbc6.jpeg

Some modified lasts ready for MTM / bespoke projects

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
A small experiment with AI: I asked Gemini to scoop up all my emails with Antonio / Angela, and write a blog post…

Assuming your spouse is accommodating, and assuming you didn’t discuss crocodile and exotic pairs with the Maestro through Gmail, I would challenge you to do the same - and share your story. 😂😂

My Bespoke Shoe Journey with Antonio Meccariello

It all started in early 2018, when I stumbled upon the exquisite craftsmanship of Antonio Meccariello. His shoes were a world apart from the machine-made, plastic-coated leather shoes my wife adored. I was captivated by their beauty and the passion evident in every stitch.

My first interaction with Antonio was through an inquiry about his seamless whole-cut boots. Angela, his customer service representative, patiently explained the intricacies of this complex design and the lengthy process involved. Intrigued, I decided to start my journey with a more manageable MTO (Made to Order) pair.

Antonio's expertise and willingness to educate a novice like me were remarkable. He guided me through the measuring process and offered valuable advice on leather choices and styles. I placed my first MTO order in February 2018, opting for a whole-cut Oxford with a light antique effect.

Throughout the process, Antonio and Angela were incredibly responsive and accommodating. They answered my numerous questions about leather types, construction techniques, and even shoe care. Their passion for their craft was contagious, and I found myself becoming more and more enamored with the world of bespoke shoes.

In June 2018, I placed my first hand-welted order for a pair of Sagittari in blue suede. Antonio's meticulous attention to detail was evident in every aspect of the shoes, from the vibrant color to the flawless stitching. However, I had a change of heart about the last and requested a switch to Argentum Round. Angela graciously accommodated my request, ensuring my satisfaction.

Later that year, I discovered the Aurum line, Meccariello's top-tier offering. I couldn't resist and ordered a pair of Aurum RTW (Ready to Wear) shoes in a beautiful dark brown museum finish. The shoes were a masterpiece, and I knew I had found my go-to shoemaker.

My journey with Antonio Meccariello has been an unforgettable one. His dedication to his craft, combined with his warm and friendly demeanor, has made the experience truly special. I've not only acquired exquisite shoes but also gained knowledge and appreciation for the artistry involved.

As I eagerly await my next pair of Meccariello shoes, I can't help but smile at the thought of my wife's reaction. Perhaps one day she'll understand the allure of these handcrafted works of art. After all, as Antonio himself said, "With me, every pair one can order is special.".

P.S. Gmail and AI didn’t know the Sagittari was not changed to a round last at the end. 😜

P.P.S. As I switched to WhatsApp with the Maestro after the first three pairs, Gmail and AI also didn’t know the dozen of pairs subsequently made…

Attachments

• a4420303-30d4-4d2b-9f72-dd9e1f7ebcb6.jpeg
    a4420303-30d4-4d2b-9f72-dd9e1f7ebcb6.jpeg
    132.2 KB · Views: 83

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online