• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zilli and Ricci seller on Ebay- thoughts?

Uli Kunkel

Reaction score
One more set of pics here

Here are Galasso jeans on their website:

Here is the "old design" I received:

babyVicuna

Reaction score
I know the seller and have recently purchased some blancioni paths from him but have not arrived yet. Will give feedback when they do.
I don't know Zilli, but i do know Stefano ricci and looking on the website they do appear authentic, but as we no it is difficult to tell without actually
feeling the item.

Will keep you posted

Uli Kunkel

Reaction score
A lot of additional information since I started this thread.

The Philosophy store is an official store for Zilli and more. However, as far as the actual seller operating on Ebay and paypal:

(1) None of the designers (Zilli Ricci Galasso) are willing to authenticate this seller's merchandise.
(2) Zilli has no official online store or sanctioned online distributors
(3) This seller originally claimed to run the Philosophy store, eventually correcting himself and said he worked with them and runs their online store. I called the Philosophy store and spoke to the manager, a man named Arie, who at first told me that they do not have an online store. When I named the seller by name and said that I was told by this seller that he was an employee of the store, I was told that " We sell to this individual, yes." I asked for further information, explaining that I wished to authenticate my purchases, and the manager became short and said "We sell to him. I don't know who else he buys from."

Here is another detail: the Angelo Galasso jeans are probably authentic. Galasso told me they sell the same model but would not authenticate without the Philosophy receipt (which I don't have because I didn't buy from them as I was told).

Other considerations, this seller shipped to me all three times using a private Israeli shipping company, and when I sent items back, I was told to ship them back without the Zilli shoe box (which had a label for a different type and size of shoe than the one I bought btw) and declare extremely low values so that we "don't have trouble with customs".

Finally, the seller still has $3150 of my money since I sent back the above shoes with the loose buckle and I haven't agreed to purchase any items for exchange due to my various concerns and also his very high price offers.

My conclusion is that at least some of the items this seller has are authentic, but I cannot speak for more, and that he is not credible as far as his relationship with Philosophy and is engaged in some unethical business practices- so regardless of the quality of the merchandise I'm going to fight to get my money back and stay away...

Uli Kunkel

Reaction score
I did also have a random ebayer contact me about the AG python jeans. Once I confirmed the jeans were a model of Galassos I still didn't like them and the seller wouldn't take returns, so I listed the jeans on ebay myself. The ebayer who contacted me about them was from Israel and told me Isaac (the seller) worked with Philosophy and a shoemaker in the same shopping complex in some regard, and that he had personally seen him in the Philosophy store and recognized the picture from Ebay. When I asked him if he thought the items were authentic he said absolutely. Naturally I was suspicious at this point of this ebayers motives considering they were from the same area as the seller I was having a dispute with. I started asking questions and mentioned my concerns buying from this individual. The ebayer was shocked at the emails I showed him and at that point told me that this individual I had bought from, Isaac, in fact was a former employee, and that he had gotten in trouble along with the store manager several years back for something involving charging customers credit cards, but that he worked with Philosophy now in some way, and he didn't know any more details. So I don't know! Merchandise authentic- probably, maybe some or most, no idea. Some of the shoes almost definitely are. Still, some very concerning issues that go above the merchandises alleged quality

babyVicuna

Reaction score
Finally my Bilancioni pants arrived from Mr Real deal_zilli_ stefano_ricci
Though these seemed for be made well there was no label for washing instructions or label for the material content.
whilst all the branding labels were present. The most likely reason for this was the pants were fakes with counterfeiters being so concerned
with the branding that they forgot about the other normal labels present. Also when looking at his site i could clearly see that the kiton pants with belt had cheap metal, an obvious way for counterfeiters to save money.
I would definitely avoid this seller, he lied about all the delays then he lied about refunding my shipping saying that he was waiting for the money to clear from pay pay 4 weeks after i had paid him!!!.

Uli Kunkel

Reaction score
Thanks for the response and sorry you also had issues.

This seller eventually stole my money. I'm working with my lawyer and bank and will get it back since I used my CC through paypal.

Do not be tricked by the asserted affiliation with the Philosophy store (who admitted they sold to him)- this man is a thief and a criminal.

I am taking every possible legal action against this seller and reporting this incident to many authorities including customs, law enforcement, and paypal, eBay Zilli etc, to make sure that this incident is resolved as decisively as possible and justice is served.

Any information anyone can provide is very much appreciated.

Thanks for reading,

Jeff

dreamspace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's too much fake Zilli and Ricci stuff on Ebay. There's one guy in particular that's selling some obviously fake stuff from China (Zilli, Ricci, Brioni, Canali, etc.)

I messaged him, and got some "Oh, this is for the east Asian market" nonsense. Called him out, to which he became very angry.

If you search for "Zilli replica" or "Stefano Ricci replica", you'll find some Chinese website that sells all that stuff.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads