• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zee's Leatherware & Shoe Co.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ApplesHK
Because I don't know how to post larger ones that's why.

laugh.gif

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Because I don't know how to post larger ones that's why. Doesn't appear to be a way on the site so I'm stuck with thumbnails. Any assistance would be gratefully received.

1) open photobucket account
2) upload pictures to PB
3) resize if needed in PB
4) post link of pictures in thread on SF

hope this helps!

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna be in HK in a few weeks and was looking for a lightweight, more flexible 'sporty' dress shoe, does Zee's have soles like that or do they just do traditional construction? I know little about shoes, but I've always associated the latter with being heavy, clunky and stiff things.

ApplesHK

Reaction score
Ok Photobucket worked. Thanks for that Luk-Cha.
These are leather soled but I asked for Topy to be added to make them a bit softer on the foot.
Wearing them today, so we shall see. At US$180 I reckon they are a bargain. I did look for a pair in stores and equivalent quality were double the price IMO.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ok Photobucket worked. Thanks for that Luk-Cha.
These are leather soled but I asked for Topy to be added to make them a bit softer on the foot.
Wearing them today, so we shall see. At US$180 I reckon they are a bargain. I did look for a pair in stores and equivalent quality were double the price IMO.

a bit better but still a tad small

Zee's are good value for money not the best buy along shot but you can not get better fitting shoes for the money any where

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would a place like Zee's have rubber soles available or would they just do leather ones?

If not, could I acquire them elsewhere in HK and bring it to them to build the shoe on top of? It seems impossible to buy Vibram soles for some reason... no one sells them.

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zee's starting price is $200 now, not the $150 mentioned earlier in this thread... I just talked to him yesterday. Anyone know of a HK shoemaker who's still around the 150 price point? Thanks

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a quick question regarding buying shoelaces in Hong Kong. Does anybody know where I can find flat waxed laces? I've tried looking for it in a couple of places around the island, including the alley behind Shanghai Tang but failed to find any.

Furthermore, does anybody know where I can find Dainite rubber soles as well? I'm hoping to have Zee's make a pair of rain-weather shoes.

I apologize that these questions don't really have much to do with Zee's. Will post pics of my recently commissioned captoes to make up for it!

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by benjamin831
Got a quick question regarding buying shoelaces in Hong Kong. Does anybody know where I can find flat waxed laces? I've tried looking for it in a couple of places around the island, including the alley behind Shanghai Tang but failed to find any.

Furthermore, does anybody know where I can find Dainite rubber soles as well? I'm hoping to have Zee's make a pair of rain-weather shoes.

I apologize that these questions don't really have much to do with Zee's. Will post pics of my recently commissioned captoes to make up for it!

Benjamin,

Sorry, both your answers are no.
Except if you want to pay HK$75 for a pair of shoelace(JLP sell it).

I bought about 10 pairs of flat wax laces in 3 different colour when I was in Japan last month, you can find them anywhere in Japan.

Here is the dainite he resoled for my Alden:
P1020448.jpg

I am talking to my cobbler about ordering Dainite to HK, however, he is worry about the sales, since not many pals in HK knowing it. The big trouble is he don't have the space to store the stock. You know space is money in HKG.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads