• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zee's Leatherware & Shoe Co.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thenanyu
My double monks from Zee. These have been worn around 10 times. They are a golden-tan colored calf, almost exactly the same shade as whisky shell.

CFMac.jpg

When I was there, he said that they do goodyear welts upon request. As soon as I mentioned styleforum he asked me if I wanted to copy Ben's shoes
smile.gif

I might actually go ahead and do just that but put a goodyear welt on it.

lol, they look like they did a good job on them!!

bbboy05

Reaction score
I will be making a trip to Hong Kong in the foreseeable future, though only for a few days.

How long does it take from placement of order to completed product?

Seymour

Reaction score
First order, a week (my experience). First he draws out your feet on sheets of paper. Then you return after 2-3 days for fitting with a canvas 'mold'. If no alterations to mold, you get the finished product a 3-4 days after.

Subsequent orders can be completed in as little as 2 days, once the Zee brothers have your feet measurements on record.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My double monks from Zee. These have been worn around 10 times. They are a golden-tan colored calf, almost exactly the same shade as whisky shell.

CFMac.jpg

When I was there, he said that they do goodyear welts upon request. As soon as I mentioned styleforum he asked me if I wanted to copy Ben's shoes
smile.gif

I might actually go ahead and do just that but put a goodyear welt on it.

Seriously good looking shoe!

ApplesHK

Reaction score
Originally Posted by benjamin831
Well when you buy a pair of Zee's, it usually comes flat brown (assume of course you purchased brown shoes), you can used diluted acetone to lighten the leather in certain areas. You can then use black/navy shoe polish and a old toothbrush and brush the dark polish into the broguing around the shoe.

That's basically what I did.

Its also important to apply a fair bit of cream (Saphir Renovateur) before and after the process to counteract the drying properties of acetone.

In the pictorial essay of renovating a pair of Bruno Maglis (I think it was ) the cobbler mentioned using rubbing alcohol instead of acetone as it was milder on the leather. I don't want to ruin the shoes before they've been worn so what dilution is recommended 1:2? 1:5? Thanks in advance.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know whether Zee's can do a Norweigan sewn toe?

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by benjamin831
Does anybody know whether Zee's can do a Norweigan sewn toe?

can not, or should i say not like a dover anyway

daruma

Reaction score
can someone explain to me what a goodyear welt is? ive tried googling but i get lost in the shoe lingo.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by daruma
can someone explain to me what a goodyear welt is? ive tried googling but i get lost in the shoe lingo.

try doing a search on here insted of googling

ApplesHK

Reaction score
Surely sombody has the dilution ratio I mentioned above? If antiquing is the way to go, I'd like to get it right.

Wrigglez

Reaction score
CFMac.jpg

man thats a nice shoe, think i know what my next order will be will be

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads