• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

YSL Tie Identification Dilemma

marblehouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Punisher
Isn't that like $200 USD? Damn. Logo made me laugh.

Originally Posted by sonick
You just paid $200 USD for a stained, knockoff tie.

Originally Posted by acidicboy
Hasibenlingdai is Chinese for "ass must be swollen for getting screwed over"

The next time you buy something very expensive and later experts declare it to be fake I hope someone makes light of your tragic situation and you can't do anything about it because the street vendor doesn't take returns so you are just stuck with a pit in your stomach and a glaring 3 7/8" x 58" reminder of your faux paus and you are completely out of feel good food in your loft and the only good take-out restaurants are far away so you lose your parking space.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tatecloths
The next time you buy something very expensive and later experts declare it to be fake I hope someone makes light of your tragic situation and you can't do anything about it because the street vendor doesn't take returns so you are just stuck with a pit in your stomach and a glaring 3 7/8" x 58" reminder of your faux paus and you are completely out of feel good food in your loft and the only good take-out restaurants are far away so you lose your parking space.
I guess it's just going to add salt to the wound to tell you that you could get a brand new, guaranteed authentic YSL tie from the YSL store on Madison Avenue, or in Paris, or pretty much at any of the YSL stores in the world for less than $200.
wink.gif
Anyway, look at it this way... there was no "experts declaring this fake." It's not a fake YSL. It's an authentic HSB with a suspiciously copyright-infringing logo.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

musicboohoo[1].gif
musicboohoo[1].gif
musicboohoo[1].gif

marblehouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stocking stuffer??? I paid over 7000 baht for this tie!!!
ffffuuuu.gif

Originally Posted by Big Punisher
musicboohoo[1].gif
musicboohoo[1].gif
musicboohoo[1].gif

Originally Posted by rach2jlc
I guess it's just going to add salt to the wound to tell you that you could get a brand new, guaranteed authentic YSL tie from the YSL store on Madison Avenue, or in Paris, or pretty much at any of the YSL stores in the world for less than $200.
wink.gif

Anyway, look at it this way... there was no "experts declaring this fake." It's not a fake YSL. It's an authentic HSB with a suspiciously copyright-infringing logo.

Alright, that's it for me. You've been great. Goodnight everybody.
facepalm.gif

w.kevin

Reaction score
First of all, no offense.

How did you not see this coming? The tie is pretty damn clearly a counterfeit - look at A) the ugly YSL "stain" at the front, B) the 6 logos indicating that it is indeed "Hasiben" (Lingdai is tie in chinese), C) the apparent low quality of the tie, and D) the similar but slightly different logo. There's no tag or anything that would hint that this is even remotely legit.

I hope you're more careful in checking that your eBay wares are the real deal and not knockoffs like this tie.

heli0x

Reaction score
Cant believe you dropped 210USD on a designer tie with next to no knowledge of the designer/products. Did the seller not let you see the reverse side?

But look on the bright side, its a nice pattern... it even has a watermark.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc

+1

How many people out there can honestly say that they've owned an authentic HSB necktie.

stevenvg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by benjamin831
+1

How many people out there can honestly say that they've owned an authentic HSB necktie.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Duff_Man

Reaction score
Get a gun or man up and do it with your hands. In China, every street vendor has 'taken a return' because I thought I deserved it to the point where they were terrified. Thailand has a slightly more...volatile climate though. Bring someone with you to watch your back. With a baseball bat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads