• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your ultimate WAWYN

Max

Reaction score
SkateSelfPortrait600.jpg

I'm totally out of focus; but check out my dirty sneaker on that asphalt!

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i've posted lots of forgettable waywt's, but this one has always been my personal favorite and a good representation of the attitude i try to convey with my style:

10-16-07_2005.jpg

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
from another thread...
Originally Posted by Max
A lot of stuff in the middle. Black Levi's 505s (with the white weft; not the atrocious overdyed ones) aren't too baggy or too tight, make my butt look good, and interact well with my shoes.

Old Le Tigre polo shirts fit me well and most of the colors work well with my skin tone; so I wear those a lot. (I'm a pre-vanity-sizing large in these, and float somewhere around medium in most modern clothes). I've got a rotating cast of V neck sweaters and zip hoodies, mostly plain or with one interesting design feature.

Generally, I try not to wear anything that was designed in the last 20 years, although I do have a soft spot for the occasional ridiculous Shmack hoodie (after all, what's the point of fashion if it doesn't put a smile on your face?).

I don't really fit in on SF or have any desire to own 6 pairs of super high end jeans; so I'm not on very much.

Originally Posted by Max
SkateSelfPortrait600.jpg

I'm totally out of focus; but check out my dirty sneaker on that asphalt!

Looks good
fing02[1].gif
Polo is LeTigre, jeans 505s, I'd guess. What sneakers are those?

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup, that's the Paramount Theater on Pine St.

Max, love that shot.

Fade to Black, this is the best I've seen from you. Love the super steezy pose.

See, I knew this thread had potential.

Originally Posted by Arethusa
I've been wondering about sourcing a custom leather bag. How's their materials/construction quality?

I dunno yet. I'll let you know when it arrives. They say it's made from full grain cow hide, but we'll see. Regardless, I don't think you can do better for the price. I ordered this one in dark brown with polished nickle hardware...

http://www.customhide.com/barrister_laptop.html

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Meh, I just went through my whole photobook album as self-imposed penance for indirectly deep-sixing the other WAYW lookbook thread. I have to tell you, I'm tired of looking at myself. And I'm a pretty vain guy. Fairly representative fits: Standard issue spring/fall gear:
wayw120407sorrybrigden.jpg
Slim jacket, usually black or brown, long patterned scarf, solid color shirt underneath (typically a henley or v-neck), slim jeans stacked at the ankle, boots. Standard issue summer gear:
wayw0910.jpg
Thin shirt, either short-sleeved (in which case, usually collared) or long-sleeved with the sleeves pushed/rolled up, undershirt or wifebeater because sweat stains are nasty, slightly looser jeans, sneakers. Sometimes a hat or some other accessory to keep me from getting too bored with my outfit. Standard issue winter gear:
wayw0309-1.jpg
Typically fairly thin outerwear (I don't get cold all that easily), sweater (often the focal piece), warm base layer (typically a thermal), slim jeans, usually boots. Basically the same as my fall/spring outfit + one layer. Fingerless gloves if it's below 30 or so. Full gloves + knit cap if it's in the low teens or below and there's wind. And always, of course, the sunglasses.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Due to the mirror shot autoportrait thing I really don't have a great shot to display although I think some of the outfits were quite good, if I may say so myself. I guess I like this one because I'm sitting down and it gives a good idea of my style:

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fuuma i think that one captures your style well, which i'd sum up as 'nonchalant luxe.' Always thought you did the formal/casual balancing act quite well...even though our looks are different, if i may allow myself to give myself a compliment i think our styles are similar in the respect that we both wear elegant clothes without any fuss or particular care =P

but yeah most of the time i think it's the photo that ends up downplaying how well (at least I) perceive some of my looks to be.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
Fuuma i think that one captures your style well, which i'd sum up as 'nonchalant luxe.' Always thought you did the formal/casual balancing act quite well...even though our looks are different, if i may allow myself to give myself a compliment i think our styles are similar in the respect that we both wear elegant clothes without any fuss or particular care =P but yeah most of the time i think it's the photo that ends up downplaying how well (at least I) perceive some of my looks to be.
52727982igp5611xk6.jpg

Max

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
from another thread...

Looks good
fing02[1].gif
Polo is LeTigre, jeans 505s, I'd guess. What sneakers are those?

Adidas Stan Smith Skates.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know if it's ultimate, but it's the look I feel most comfortable in. At home:
91530948.jpg
In Rome:
92823020.jpg

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
Fuuma i think that one captures your style well, which i'd sum up as 'nonchalant luxe.' Always thought you did the formal/casual balancing act quite well...even though our looks are different, if i may allow myself to give myself a compliment i think our styles are similar in the respect that we both wear elegant clothes without any fuss or particular care =P

but yeah most of the time i think it's the photo that ends up downplaying how well (at least I) perceive some of my looks to be.

Haha, pretty much. The rumpled suit (Lanvin?) pic you posted is pretty much the dressier equivalent of what I go for.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads