• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

spencerng

Reaction score
i've been staring at the codes for 10 minutes now and can't figure out a pattern to it. they look completely random but there surely must be some sort of a sequence to it????

i recently bought a vintage yyph pants that is labelled as FP. hoping someone can help me with identifying which season it is?

Last edited:

ProfMonnitoff

Reaction score

i've been staring at the codes for 10 minutes now and can't figure out a pattern to it. they look completely random but there surely must be some sort of a sequence to it????

i recently bought a vintage yyph pants that is labelled as FP. hoping someone can help me with identifying which season it is?

First block is the line and the season (H- for homme, F- for femme, etc.).

Second block is the item/cut. J-- indicates jackets etc. but really this is mostly just useful for finding a specific item.

Third block is the fabric. 100 is classic gabardine wool, some other fabric codes can be found in the google docs spreadsheet, but mostly it's just useful in cases where the same cut was made in more than one similar looking (in ebay photos) fabrics. For example I recently got an SS13 jacket that was made in 100 and another charcoal fabric that looks fairly similar in bad photos, so I asked the seller for the item code to make sure I was getting the gabardine one.

In other bad news it seems the youtube channel that had a big percentage of the runway videos (all of the ones that are split into 5-8 parts) has been set to private. I had just recently started backing up the runway videos (in case this exact thing happens), but unfortunately I was still missing most of the ones from this channel. Hopefully someone else already downloaded them and they're not gone forever.

spencerng

Reaction score
i went to check again and yes i think i might have unknowingly bought a pair of woman pants. it was a yohji yamamoto label instead of a yyph label.

but i'm also curious about how these codes run, etc. ss15 is HU while fw15 is HY. is there a sequence or pattern to this?

spencerng

Reaction score
First block is the line and the season (H- for homme, F- for femme, etc.).

Second block is the item/cut. J-- indicates jackets etc. but really this is mostly just useful for finding a specific item.

Third block is the fabric. 100 is classic gabardine wool, some other fabric codes can be found in the google docs spreadsheet, but mostly it's just useful in cases where the same cut was made in more than one similar looking (in ebay photos) fabrics. For example I recently got an SS13 jacket that was made in 100 and another charcoal fabric that looks fairly similar in bad photos, so I asked the seller for the item code to make sure I was getting the gabardine one.

In other bad news it seems the youtube channel that had a big percentage of the runway videos (all of the ones that are split into 5-8 parts) has been set to private. I had just recently started backing up the runway videos (in case this exact thing happens), but unfortunately I was still missing most of the ones from this channel. Hopefully someone else already downloaded them and they're not gone forever.

do you have the link to the google docs spreadsheet?

xeraphim

Reaction score
i went to check again and yes i think i might have unknowingly bought a pair of woman pants. it was a yohji yamamoto label instead of a yyph label.

but i'm also curious about how these codes run, etc. ss15 is HU while fw15 is HY. is there a sequence or pattern to this?

no.

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Unfortunately @Xeraphim I can't edit the front page any more. I will send a PM to the mods and see whether it is something that can be edited again.

Damn shame about those videos. I was going to download all of them at one point, but then got caught up with other things. Oh well. Maybe we could try getting in touch with the YouTube user?

Been a bit rough over here recently with some nonsense petrol scarcity or I would have definitely picked up a few things in the ssense sale. Oh well...

Hope you guys are all doing good though!

Last edited:

davidlee388

Reaction score

YYPH SS15 Look 38 Missing Cat Soiled Blazer - ( HU-J22-312 )
YYPH SS15 Look 38 Soiled Cropped Pants - ( HU-P03-312 )
Both are size 2, off white with faint black stripes and ( hand painted? ) black patches, 100% linen with linen/cotton Missing Cat poster. The fabric is unique, wrinkly, slightly sticky and stretchy, lending a vintage feel. The oversized blazer/slim fit cropped pant silhouette is one that the Master uses more and more these days. The tongue in cheek Missing Cat poster can be removed if desired. A superb package.
Complete with SS10 polyurethane mesh fedora, SS14 Y's ( women's ) canvas sneakers and Uniqlo tee.

Last edited:

Mulan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Long coats from Yohji has always been where I wanted to start. This season, I found my first Yohji piece I really want, unfortunately funds are nearly dried up :( I love everything about this coat.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads