• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

davidlee388

Reaction score

David,

Another great fit pic. Didn't know the cat poster can be removed. How was it tacked on?

Thanks.

It's stitched on, can be carefully removed to wear as a plain ( if that can be described as such ) blazer. It can even be restitched to the inside like one depicted by one of the Super Tokyo Twins on the runway. Look 39 even has a half dangling poster. Options, options...

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should take this opportunity to say that we don't allow commercial posts on the main forum. If you have something to sell, put it on the B&S forum (full details and no outside links except to a specific Ebay auction are allowed.)

Cheers,

Fok.

jeunepaul

Reaction score
After a year or so of lurking, i finally decided to join

i was introduced to yohji by my dad, who used to wear yohji during the late 90-00's, so he gave some of his pieces that fit me. i'll be receiving a yohji turtleneck bought on grailed

so that"s my first fitpic, off course not total yohji

double zip jacket, in linen and wool

cheers

Last edited:

davidlee388

Reaction score

YYPH SS15 Look 36 Paperclip Text Chinese Blazer - ( HU-J08-314 ) - 50/50 linen/tencel soft hand airy fabric in black.Probably the roomiest jakcet of the entire SS15 collection. Hugely oversized, comfort & flow optimised. 6 Chinese frog closures, Mandarin collar + 3 patch pockets.
YYPH SS15 Look 36 Paperclip Text Low Crotch Suspender Cropped Pants - ( HU-P55-314 ) - same fabric, the long title explains the functionality and constructiion. Probably the widest, most flowing pants as well in the collection.
Complete with SS10 polyurethane fedora + AW11 15 eyelet leather Monkeys + Uniqlo SS Tee.
Woody-san aka our super English Springer Spaniel doesn't need any killer outfit to upstage his Master, he's already our No. 1.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

FYI

YYPH SS16 Invitation aka A Paper Bag with The Master's own sketch.
5:30pm, 25th June 2015, 155 Rue Saint-Martin, Paris 75003.

Last edited:

sepp

Reaction score
You went for size 2 in the Chinese blazer David?

It looks good on you. Perhaps your shoulders are broader. I can't help but feeling drown in size 3 when I tried it on.
1f613.png

Delanho

Reaction score
As the title says... can someone actually explain how they became comfortable with the loose fit? I'm SLP obsessed, wearing skin tight denim and boots, but I love exploring new designers..

I've only owned a Y-3 blazer and bomber... what are some yohji homme pieces to start with that can be integrated into a different warddrobe more easily.

I'm not searching desperately for these answers but thought it might get some useful replies :)

davidlee388

Reaction score

You went for size 2 in the Chinese blazer David?

It looks good on you. Perhaps your shoulders are broader. I can't help but feeling drown in size 3 when I tried it on.
1f613.png

Thanks, both blazer and pants are size 2. I don't know your shoulder width, I prefer to call being " coccooned " comfortably rather than drowned in a garment that's meant to fit loosely. Besides, many traditional Chinese costumes are cut that way. I'm not normally a fold-sleeve person but folding these feels right and more akin to the Chinese look.

This very old school Yohji Look 36 set up will get more use than the Look 38 Missing Cat, that's for sure.

Last edited:

sepp

Reaction score
Reposting a fit pic in size 3 when I tried it on. Does it look overly loose (wearing a tee beneath)? The reason is there is a good deal out there for size 3 and I may wanna take the chance...

You are right, the light weight jacket plus design may serve more than just an occasional wear for me even in the tropical weather.
1f60a.png

The white version you posted couple pages back looked fantastic as well.

XIdZdxJ.jpg[\IMG]

Last edited:

sosuke

Reaction score
Just got this piece recently (ribbed long sleeve shirt, sort of cropped). I've never seen this color used before, it's quite nice. Can anyone identify the year? The tag inside is completely faded. Thanks in advance.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I passed a dude in my neighborhood wearing the perdu chat suit last night. I had to double take to see if he kept the poster on. He did.
1f63a.png

volatile

Reaction score

CpH suit today... .digging the cut but my flatmate suggested it looks like I'm wearing my dad's clothes... Hmmm...

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads