• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

sepp

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the further pointers in Tokyo for YY.

A noob question: is this pants the same as runway 13SS?

Is this hakama-ish or more like a drop crotch flowy pants for those who owned or tried them on before?

Thanks.

davidlee388

Reaction score
Personally I do not call them hakamas, just balloon pants, just my opinion.... They're no less awesome though.

sepp

Reaction score
LOL!

I somehow have this image of Bowie wearing skin tight glittering outfits.

@thanks David and Parker!

StevenE

Reaction score
He did wear Yohji briefly in the mid-80s, with a pinstipe suit making the cover for a bunch of singles, but sadly it coincides with his total creative nadir.

sepp

Reaction score
Yohji masters here can confirm whether these are from SS12 and whether it's runway or non? Sincere thanks and have a great weekend. :)

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
those are fantastic ss12 pants. would be great in black. the cotton is very luxe-soft.

also, great photo xeraphim.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
winter is never-ending

Wool leder
Wool yyph aw12
wool cdgh
wool uniqlo
cotton shirt
wool yyph aw14
leather yyph aw12

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamam...

ABeautiful photo shah! That coat is really amazing.

Still on the lookout for a go to YY winter coat that I can default to whenever I travel and need the protection.

Really great photos recently.

I just received some goodies from @davidlee388!

First up SS15 trompe l'oeil denim cotton drop crotch trousers.

Just threw this all together and left the house, but I now think I have forgotten how to wear anything that even remotely looks like jeans, lol.

Anyway.

4cd1e9f6d65ab61b25248d7ad7a729a5.jpg

YYPH (SS05 if I remember correctly...wool 64/silk 36 blend. Currently my most worn jacket and extremely awesome)
Ann D
YYPH (these pants are really nice to the touch. Sort of dry cotton, smooth weave. Denim look is completely digitally printed on with some mismatching going on at the zipper area. They are lined in a very nice beige cotton fabric)
Vans

slerpen

Reaction score
Finally achieved the lifelong dream of visiting a YY store (on the Rue Cambon) and picking up a staggeringly beautiful black garbadine reversible jacket (yes, pricey but it was my reward).

Thanks to David, since I dropped his name to Laurence, who was great and she told me when something looked good on me and when it was "non."

Just a quick sample pic for the road:

Does anyone know what the pants on the mannequin behind him are called? Not sure what I should be searching for. Just drop crotch cropped pants? Appreciate any help.

kamsky

Reaction score
Hello all, very small odds, but was wondering if anyone knows if these skull & rose trousers (or any of the other two variations thereof) are still available anywhere?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads