• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i dont know how to get into Y-3 pragmatically speaking, but i like it a lot!

davidlee388

Reaction score
Trying to keep this thread busy whilst @the shah and @Parker are taking time out from awesome fit post duties.

There's no point posting a priest shirt fit without attempting to show some movement.

Delightful construction and details

YYPH AW14 Look 20 Distressed Pattern Knit Cardigan - ( HF-K75-186 ) - in grey/light grey/red - 48/19/17/16 wool/nylon/rayon/angora - luxurious fabric. Production version differs from runway sample by having the red accent vs grey. 7B closure to a stand collar, Intentional but randomly placed ( every piece is unique ) ripped patches on the garment lending it a decayed/distressed feel and showing the thick layered construction.

YYPH SS11 Look 9 Priest Shirt ( HO-B31-980 ) - 100% piqué cotton, medium weight interlock fabric. Enough said.
YYPH SS11 Look 9 Cropped Pants - ( HO-P45-980 ) - same fabric. Ditto.

YYPH AW09 Look 3 Fedora - ( HZ-H05-127 ) - wool.
Uniqlo Tee, Converse Hi-tops.

Last edited:

myname

Reaction score
YYPH AW14 Look 20 Distressed Pattern Knit Cardigan - ( HF-K75-186 ) - in grey/light grey/red - 48/19/17/16 wool/nylon/rayon/angora - luxurious fabric. Production version differs from runway sample by having the red accent vs grey. 7B closure to a stand collar, Intentional but randomly placed ( every piece is unique ) ripped patches on the garment lending it a decayed/distressed feel and showing the thick layered construction.

Was coveting this since the runway pictures first came out. I was not near a Yohji store all season so was continually looking online for anyone carrying this sweater - very nice (jealous)! Thanks for posting all the details!

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Y3 collection looks one the strongest yet. I like the military/flight vibe

Harlock66

Reaction score
Even though my first couple Yohji pieces were Y-3, I've become too purist. I do adore my Y-3 Qasa andjeans though.

Ulf-S

Reaction score
Y-3 is still this new sports collaboration to me, and not something I wear (with the exception of a pair of Qasa high black trainers). I like Y-3, but it's a bit too branded and young for me personally.

planetarium

Reaction score
This collection has almost no visible branding, which I appreciate. Resembles classic White Mountaineering in some respects, though without the obvious nods to Nordic/Scottish patterning. Definitely the best Y-3 collection yet, though largely not something I would wear.

Hopefully this season will see more stores in the US will start buying stuff other than the hyperbranded basics.

surver

Reaction score
W15 seems like a back-to-basics kind of 'reset' collection... not terribly exciting on the catwalk, but much more wearable and practical... classic yohji in a way that can fit/dialogue with all his peak collections... in stark contrast to AW14, which was spectacular on stage but not so practical/useful/'bearable' as daily wear...

not a very winter-y collection though; am surprised at the scarcity of heavy coats, shawls, scarves, knits...

davidlee388

Reaction score
Detailed examination of the aw15 collection ( sorry I cannot share showroom pictures here since I am not allowed ) reveals the intricate constructions, details ( galore ) and the general silhouettes that runway pictures, or even videos fail to provide. Trust me, aw15 is truly silent but deadly.

This aw15 collection imo is a great season to get into Yohji for a newcomer to the brand since it's like " The Best of Yohji ". It has a lot of things that define the great Master:- black, oversized silhouette, cropped pants, layering ( a lot of double layered pieces ), reversibility of some pieces, constructions and details, very Japanese with those frayed seams etc. Some may criticize he hasn't broken new grounds or pushed any boundaries, only rehashing his old ideas. Surely putting all these great old ideas in one pot is a great idea in itself! Also my humble opinion that he created a AW season that is a match to his SS counterpart which is not often the case.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member