• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

davidlee388

Reaction score

I found one of my grail items on fleaBay, but it's a size 4. arrggggh! It's the jacket from Look 08 AW2007. Tempting, but it would look nothing like the runway on me. "Penalize the offenders with heavy fines!!!!"
Hey Parker, this AW07 has been on eBay for few months so I don't think you'll stand any challenge bidding for it. In addition Rex Woo sold this piece in sz 1 last year and according to him it fitted reeeeally small so sz 4 may fit like a sz 3.

StevenE

Reaction score
hey, yoox's really bad photography is what lets items make it to a price I can afford!!

don't take that away from me
happy.gif

Nice dress, BUT WHERE COULD I FIND SUCH TROUSERS?

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey Parker, this AW07 has been on eBay for few months so I don't think you'll stand any challenge bidding for it. In addition Rex Woo sold this piece in sz 1 last year and according to him it fitted reeeeally small so sz 4 may fit like a sz 3.

Yeah, based on the fit on the model on the eBay link, it is possible it may fit a bit smaller than normal. So maybe one could size up for the runway fit? Dunno though. Really nice jacket that!

I know they have a lot of stock to photograph but would it really hurt yoox so much to not somehow make every single item they touch look like utter ****? (Some YY, particularly the Femme line, is so manhandled as to be genuinely somewhat upsetting.)

EDIT: @david, nice jacket.

Tell me about it. Been browsing yoox looking for stuff for the missus and I really have to use my imagination to gauge what might be okay (that and copious amounts of runway reference material for those pieces I can ID and appeared on the runway, lol).

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Y-3 FW 2013-2014 is up on Style.com. Only glanced at it briefly so far (today is my wedding anniversary so having dinner with the missus soon. Somehow we both ended up in full Yohji as well, lol) but looks pretty cool.

Link here

dantebykiko

Reaction score
so... small interested check:

spring/summer 2002 gabardine suit. i just don't find time to wear it enough... the tape around on the sleeves and down the legs its actually selvedge. silk selvedge. both jacket and pants in size3. 97% wool/ 3% polyester. Half-lined with with mesh. 9 of 10 condition...

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
messaged you about the suit ;)

Ivwri , congratulations ! All you needed now is for the little one to have a YY bib or something to complete the triumvirate !

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
excuse angles/poor photography ... nothing new here except the fw12 OS [3] long cardi alpaca/wool/nylon that david shared earlier

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
thank you all, it's really warm and fuzzy and soft heh
today wearing it under knit-sleeve coat and i'm getting too warm outside.

hendrix i'm not too motivated to click that thread again after the recent disasters and what have you :laugh:

davidlee388

Reaction score
Looked very good on you shah :) The colour looked less brown in your picture than in the shop lighting which is great.

Btw I'm sure label_outlet2012 on eBay selling YY ( and other stuff ) is Hervia Bazaar disguised. Just so ppl know.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads