• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

thisfits

Reaction score

So a fairly basic/classic single breasted notch lapel that hits mid-thigh? I was also playing with the idea of double breasted model.

Yes! I love the idea of a double-breasted model, too, but I'd like something that can do double duty for casual outfits, and I think single-breasted does a better job there.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yes I would defintely offer a basic classic SB notch coat. Any idea how much BN Tailor charges for their coats? Site doesn't seem to be working properly.

sladejw

Reaction score
Single-breasted, knee-length, pockets that are easy to get your hands into (and walk with your hands in). Fabric with some texture; not black.

antb29

Reaction score
Hi,
I've heard great things about Benjamin Sartorial suits; unfortunately, the size & color I'm looking for aren't available at the moment. Any idea of when more color options for the Classico II model in 36R might be available online? I'm interested in navy especially. I would try the Nobile model that's on the website right now, but the Classico II measurements are already a little bit too small at the shoulders so I'm afraid it will really be too small. I would pretty much swim from the chest below in the size 38.
Thanks and keep up the great work!

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hi,
I've heard great things about Benjamin Sartorial suits; unfortunately, the size & color I'm looking for aren't available at the moment. Any idea of when more color options for the Classico II model in 36R might be available online? I'm interested in navy especially. I would try the Nobile model that's on the website right now, but the Classico II measurements are already a little bit too small at the shoulders so I'm afraid it will really be too small. I would pretty much swim from the chest below in the size 38.
Thanks and keep up the great work! 

Sorry the Classico II is discontinued. It appears all we have left is a medium grey in the 36R. The 38R may be worth a try... they are quite slim fitting.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

What's your advice for conversion from UK to US sizes? Would you recommend 1/2 size or 1 size difference?

Generally it's a 1 size difference, ie. UK 8 is US 9, UK 9 is US 10, etc.

caseynwa

Reaction score
Hello all!

I purchased my first suit ever from Benjamin (A navy Nobile 39R) and upon taking it into the tailor, he said, "Oh man, you spent some money on this!" :-D He also commented that it fit extremely well without any alterations. Thanks for the size advice Ben!

Anyway, I would like some comments on the fit of the suit and particularly the arm length.

Are the jacket sleeves too long?

I'm wearing a Medium Banana Republic Tailored Slim Fit Tall. The sleeves on the regular don't show from under the jacket sleeves but IDK if going with a Tall to show some sleeve is the right solution.

So I need to know if I should stick with longer sleeved shirts or shorten the jacket sleeves a touch?

Thank you for any input.

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the difference in actual sleeve length between the two shirts? It looks to me like the shirt you're wearing is a touch too long: especially seen in the unbuttoned picture and in the subsequent one showing the bunching up. I think if it was shorter by 1/4 inch, when buttoned (it probably would need to be even shorter in the unbuttoned state) it would be good. The jacket sleeves look pretty spot on to me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads