• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

ja1171

Reaction score
Great news. Since that bella spalla coat in 39R was too big for me in a couple of places that I haven't had success altering on other garments in the past, i ordered the 38R for consideration (different fabric). My tailor indicated that he could beg, borrow, and steal a maximum of 1/2 inch in the waist which is about all I need. The color wasn't really what I was looking for, so I sent it back and ordered one from the MTO fabrics. I meant to email to see if there would possibly be a little more material in the seams on the MTOs. I was a little worried that if production variation ended up with at 38R that was a little smaller, I'd be out of luck. I forgot about sending the email and ordered anyway. Very glad to hear that there will be a bit more to work with there.

I was also wondering if Ben's making any left over fabric into coats to put up on the site? I'd be interested to see how some of the other fabrics come out.

ja1171

Reaction score
Ben,

I also wanted to ask if there would be any more Benjamin vests in soon. I am looking for a medium gray or charcoal for an event. My suits are 39R, but I don't see any 39R vests left. Also, how much material is there to let out in the 38R?

Thanks.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

@eHaberdasher
 Summer Frescos would be great! I'd also love to see a nice linen suit. 

Keep you posted... I may play around with Bella Spalla suits this spring will let you know. Coming out with some Bella Spalla flannel trousers too, albeit a little late at the end of February...

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

No. 

I have the same jacket in 42R. The fabric is badassery (see my posts earlier in the thread), but I asked my tailor if he could let out the waist and he said no.

The new bella spalla MTO jackets will have greater allowances, though. and wider lapels. 
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

In talking with the factory the greater allowance would be minimal - maybe just an extra centimetre because of the exposed inside finishing since it's only going to be quarter lined. We can have much greater allowance if fully lined.

Informal Poll: What would you guys think of full lining? This would ensure there is plenty of fabric to let out if needed.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks very much. 

Not sure if Ben is ordering stock. We'll have to wait to see if he chimes in. 

There will be new fabrics to choose from hopefully by beginning of March. Delivery for current pre-orders should be available by the end of February.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Great news. Since that bella spalla coat in 39R was too big for me in a couple of places that I haven't had success altering on other garments in the past, i ordered the 38R for consideration (different fabric). My tailor indicated that he could beg, borrow, and steal a maximum of 1/2 inch in the waist which is about all I need. The color wasn't really what I was looking for, so I sent it back and ordered one from the MTO fabrics. I meant to email to see if there would possibly be a little more material in the seams on the MTOs. I was a little worried that if production variation ended up with at 38R that was a little smaller, I'd be out of luck. I forgot about sending the email and ordered anyway. Very glad to hear that there will be a bit more to work with there.

I was also wondering if Ben's making any left over fabric into coats to put up on the site? I'd be interested to see how some of the other fabrics come out.

Yes I will be cutting up whatever is left, but they will be at a slightly higher price (around 10%) than the pre-orders.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Ben,

I also wanted to ask if there would be any more Benjamin vests in soon. I am looking for a medium gray or charcoal for an event. My suits are 39R, but I don't see any 39R vests left. Also, how much material is there to let out in the 38R?

Thanks.

I will probably order more vests soon...

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any other pictures of the Louis V confetti ties? Has anyone purchased them here?

Last edited:

forzaroma

Reaction score
Anybody have trouble contacting Ehaberdasher's customer service representatives. I've tried emailing as well but still haven't received any response back. I'm assuming it's probably due to the holidays.

Anyway, if anyone can chime in regarding fit of "Benjamin Sartorial Suit" the new model I believe is called "Nobile". I need to order one soon for upcoming wedding and figured based on reviews that this would be a reasonable option and for the price can't be beat.

Here are my measurements:

Chest: 42"
Shoulders: ~18-19"
Waist: 31"

I usually get 42R, if that helps. I am 5'9 150lbs and athletic build with rather v-taper, so it's quite tough for me to get OTR suit that'll fit me correctly without some adjustments. Without doing too much alterations, what size should I get based on my measurements. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!!!

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Anybody have trouble contacting Ehaberdasher's customer service representatives. I've tried emailing as well but still haven't received any response back. I'm assuming it's probably due to the holidays.

Anyway, if anyone can chime in regarding fit of "Benjamin Sartorial Suit" the new model I believe is called "Nobile". I need to order one soon for upcoming wedding and figured based on reviews that this would be a reasonable option and for the price can't be beat.

Here are my measurements:

Chest: 42"
Shoulders: ~18-19"
Waist: 31"

I usually get 42R, if that helps. I am 5'9 150lbs and athletic build with rather v-taper, so it's quite tough for me to get OTR suit that'll fit me correctly without some adjustments. Without doing too much alterations, what size should I get based on my measurements. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!!!

Sorry as our office was closed until this morning... it looks like Colleen may have gotten back to you already via email? If not please let me know.

forzaroma

Reaction score
eHaberdasher, that's correct Sir. Colleen has been very helpful and I've actually just ordered "Benjamin" suit in 41/42R. Thank you and happy holidays to all.

SidewinderX

Reaction score
Received my first eHaberdasher purchase just before the holidays and finally got a chance to actually put it on and check the fit. It's a touch tight through the gut, but I think that's more of a personal post-holiday-without-working-out problem than an issue with the jacket -- I'm pretty sure a size up (from 39/40R to 41/42R) would be too much. Any thoughts? Should I be worried about the tightness now while I can still return it?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads