• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page

bullswin

Reaction score

Any interest from you or anyone in BLACK HOPSACK from Loro Piana in a blazer with patch hip pockets? MOP buttons? Fabric is available to us and thinking of cutting some. 2 button or 3 roll 2.5?

I don't have anything against black blazers, but I'm guessing there'd be low demand for this. Just my guess; I could be wrong.

Barium

Reaction score
I don't really know what I'd do with a black blazer. Would it be good fabric for pants? I could see wearing black hopsack pants.

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A black blazer is pretty versatile IMO. Goes well with dark blue denim, gray pants, white pants.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks for posting pics; and I loved the pajamas comment. The mid grey certainly looks pretty good and should be very versatile; I too would like to see a lighter grey offering at some point, same with blue, actually. For now, I think I may end up waiting for the next round of navy suits to come out.

It's true - full canvas construction makes a big difference!

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I don't have anything against black blazers, but I'm guessing there'd be low demand for this. Just my guess; I could be wrong.

Believe it or not, black SUITS are one of, if not the the top selling color in suits world-wide (obviously not on the forums though). We'll probably cut a few blazers anyway despite the lack of love on the forum - I do think a black blazer is fairly useful in either a hopsack or a nice heavy cashmere.

Last edited:

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I don't really know what I'd do with a black blazer. Would it be good fabric for pants? I could see wearing black hopsack pants.

Don't think it works for pants...

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Don't worry though - we'll definitely have a navy cashmere/wool blazer, and still looking for a nice hopsack!

zerostyle

Reaction score

No, not big on you. Unfortunately roughly 15% of people who try on the Benjamin suits run into the collar issue. We didn't catch that because the 8 or 9 people we had, myself included, who tried on the samples didn't have this issue. It should be corrected for the production moving forward though.

Ooooh ... perfect. This was my biggest hesitation about ordering again. My tailor was able to mostly fix it for around $50 (not perfect, but good enough).

Other than that, the button stance and slightly tight pants also bothered me.

It sounds like the adjustments you're making will be perfectly suited for me. Can't wait! Really glad to hear that your line is incorporating feedback.

Last edited:

malwear

Reaction score
The collar and the too slim pants were the only problems on an otherwise perfect suit. I'll definitely be picking up another one in May.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My tailor was super excited to see and get to work on Borrelli shirts
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

MadAboutPlaid

Reaction score
Ben - can I ask you to comment on the fit pics posted by Nandreetta? For a 42R the jacket looks a bit more "boxey" than I would expect. Is there any waist suppression at all? It looks to me more like a Hickey Freeman-type cut. Am I seeing this wrong?

xiaoli

Reaction score
just received my first Benjamin shirts, oh man the shoulders are really narrower than what I have been getting. Thank god it still fits. :D

dls160

Reaction score
Ben

Yes please make the black hopsack blazer. I would definitely buy it. Let me know if you decide to make them and make sure you make some in a 40 long.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads