• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WW Chan- basted photos

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by greekonomist
+1, Yet another positive data point pushing me toward choosing finally Chan.

Who are you using now?

brittain

Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
what fabric did you order?

HS375037, H&S Summer Target book

thanks for all the positive feedback. Greekonomist, I think you're in DC, arent you? If you are really on the edge of going with Chan, you're welcome to take a look at mine before pulling the trigger.

brittain

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lowndes
What is WW Chan's house style?

I dont know if I would say they have a house style, exactly. If you search the threads on here, there are several examples of their work. VintageGent has many of them, and YFYF too, I believe.

kcc

Reaction score
Lovely! I especially like your fabric choice and shoulder treatment; avoid overly high notches as they appear too divergent.

Lowndes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by brittain
I dont know if I would say they have a house style, exactly. If you search the threads on here, there are several examples of their work. VintageGent has many of them, and YFYF too, I believe.

So, I take it most people on here are pleased with the work they do.

brittain

Reaction score
for the most part, the response is very positive. For full disclosure of the few toubled experiences, check VintageGent's last commision, he had an issue with the fit, but I believe in the end it was worked out to his satisfaction. I dont want to speak for him.

jmath

Reaction score
Originally Posted by greekonomist
+1, Yet another positive data point pushing me toward choosing finally Chan.

The only thing I'd recommend with Chan is that if you're into a soft shoulder, you'll really have to make it clear. I got measured last spring for a jacket and while I really like how it turned out, my jacket's shoulders are not as soft as the OP's. They were also slightly too broad to my taste. I eventually took the jacket to a local tailor to trim the shoulder width. The issues were not that big deal and I'm quite pleased with the fit. Also, if Patrick Chu is doing the fitting, that's a plus. I believe that he's got a very good eye as far as fit is concerned. I've noticed that the suits he wears always look great on him.

Lowndes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by brittain
for the most part, the response is very positive. For full disclosure of the few toubled experiences, check VintageGent's last commision, he had an issue with the fit, but I believe in the end it was worked out to his satisfaction. I dont want to speak for him.

Thanks, the suit pictured looks great. I might give them a try. I'll be interested to see the quality of fabrics they have in the $1200 range.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brittain,

everything looks good. I just took delivery of my basted jacket and odd pants also today. I was thinking about doing a forum review also, but you trumped me
laugh.gif

I was also wondering if the gorge is going to be too high. I can't really tell on my jacket where the gorge is going to be, because it's quite subtle. I'll shoot some pictures later once the jacket has time to hang a bit.

Now question for people in the know:

1) can everything still be altered at this stage of the game? (such as gorge height, jacket length, sleeve pitch and diameter....etc?)

2) how about the rise of the pants, can it be altered also? The baste fitting pants I received is literally a piece of fabric sewn/basted to shape like a pair of pants.

3) I was under the impression that the client has to mail the basted garment back to Chan after the FIRST fitting. (Isn't the fitting after the basted stage technically the FIRST and not the second fitting?)

wmb

Reaction score
I have OTR Isaia and other brands that cannot compare to what Chan made me in one fitting. Maybe I got lucky but Patrick did a great job.

The process of picking out fabric is really great -- and you cant do that OTR either...

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jmath
The only thing I'd recommend with Chan is that if you're into a soft shoulder, you'll really have to make it clear. I got measured last spring for a jacket and while I really like how it turned out, my jacket's shoulders are not as soft as the OP's. They were also slightly too broad to my taste. I eventually took the jacket to a local tailor to trim the shoulder width. The issues were not that big deal and I'm quite pleased with the fit. Also, if Patrick Chu is doing the fitting, that's a plus. I believe that he's got a very good eye as far as fit is concerned. I've noticed that the suits he wears always look great on him.

Chan probably would have re-done the shoulder if you'd asked.

kcijojo

Reaction score
The suit looks good. If you have any concerns about the suit, don't hesitate to talk to your tailor, I'm sure everything can be fixed up to your satisfaction. Thanks for the pix.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads