• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everything in the 1000 Mile Collection are made in the US. Same goes for the women's counterparts. IE Addison, original 1K. The other collections are not US made.

loug

Reaction score
Everything in the 1000 Mile Collection are made in the US. Same goes for the women's counterparts. IE Addison, original 1K. The other collections are not US made.

Some of the retailers list these as imports: Russell 1000 Mile Field Boot. Getting ready to purchase a pair if they are made here. Emailed Wolverine yesterday and haven't heard back as of this morning.

malaysian

Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering, does the metal part of the boots (refer to the pic below) scrape my insides of my denim when I wear it over the boots? Any way to avoid this from damaging the denim?

Last edited:

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some of the retailers list these as imports:  Russell 1000 Mile Field Boot.  Getting ready to purchase a pair if they are made here.  Emailed Wolverine yesterday and haven't heard back as of this morning.

The Russel is part of the Gentry Collection. Not US made.

loug

Reaction score
The Russel is part of the Gentry Collection. Not US made.
Russell 1000 Mile Field Boot, saw 1000 Mile and started to take for granted it was made in the USA. Can't take anything for granted anymore.

Last edited:

chevron

Reaction score

Hey guys just wondering, does the metal part of the boots (refer to the pic below) scrape my insides of my denim when I wear it over the boots? Any way to avoid this from damaging the denim?

Cloth tape applied to the hooks. You can get it at CVS.

nevereast

Reaction score
Went out and bought redwing beckmans as my winter boot. Paid 330 for black cherry. Instantly regretted it. Returned them the next morning

Cranes has 1000 mile Austens at 360. I think I will be much happier with those

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

WTF is this nonsense!? The speedhooks aren't gonna damage denim. I've worn my boots with dress trousers and other than occasionally catching the hem stitch there's been no damage. (Been wearing the boots for 4+ years) Try lacing them up above the holes maybe?

RAYZ-ACE

Reaction score
Precious denim
lol8[1].gif
LOL

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
40 plus years of wearing boots with speed hooks and jeans. Nope, can't remember having a problem. While we're on the subject. Use the damn speed hooks and lace the boots up properly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads