• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Would a cross poster please explain to me who the hell I post on reddit. I wanted to do a Q&A type thing but promote the new products and I keep getting **** down. Maybe someone can start a thread on Frugalmalefashion and I can answer all the questions there???
Any help would be amazing.

Lohikaarme

Reaction score
Would a cross poster please explain to me who the hell I post on reddit. I wanted to do a Q&A type thing but promote the new products and I keep getting **** down. Maybe someone can start a thread on Frugalmalefashion and I can answer all the questions there???
Any help would be amazing.
What're you trying to do? The original wolfvsgoat account got banned. You have a new one? Maybe MFA would be a better audience anyhow.

fdyla

Reaction score
What're you trying to do? The original wolfvsgoat account got banned. You have a new one? Maybe MFA would be a better audience anyhow.

MFA would probably be the better place. FMF is usually for just posting deals, not discussion as far as i understand it.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would love the MFA views but I think it's against the rules. frugalmalefashion is the right place and other fashion related subreddits.

Lohikaarme

Reaction score
I would love the MFA views but I think it's against the rules. frugalmalefashion is the right place and other fashion related subreddits.
At worst, ask.

While most marketing efforts are prohibited on MFA, we will use our discretion to approve posts by company representatives that constructively engage with and improve the community. All corporate accounts, regardless of size (Department chain, smaller stores, sites/blogs) and affiliation (CEO, buyer, sales associate, etc.), must be cleared by the mods before posting. Once the account has been approved, a flair will be assigned with the appropriate title. All marketing efforts (giveaways, special MFA discounts, etc), excluding AMAs, are prohibited and will be removed. This includes efforts to crowdsource ideas for a business or personal venture (Youtube channels, start-ups, etc). Repeated marketing efforts will result in a ban. Your best chance of engaging the community will be through AMAs or 'Ask Me Anything' Threads. If you would like to set up an Ask Me Anything (AMA), please contact the mods and refer to the AMA guidelines. Here are some examples of successful AMAs: (AMAs with the CEO of Allen-Edmonds and the owner of Pointer.

https://www.reddit.com/r/malefashionadvice/comments/7tt5bk/updated_rules_and_submission_guidelines/

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The codes for the black beanie have been fixed.

beepbop

Reaction score

I think if you frame it as a way to give some people an insight into what goes into producing garments, sourcing fabrics, and working with factories, you can definitely get something set up. The MFA moderators are pretty anti-self promotion from brands, as numerous brands, both new and well-established, have tried to use the sub as a platform for market research or advertisement. You have a lot of knowledge and experience with the clothing industry as a whole, and framed that way, I think the moderators would be a lot more amenable.

i-like-graphic-tees

Reaction score
Would a cross poster please explain to me who the hell I post on reddit.

You'll want to submit a text post (links are the other type of post). On the desktop version of the site, there's two buttons on the right side of the page to submit either a link or text post. On MFA the button is "Start a Discussion" on FMF it's "Submit a new text post".

FMF wants brands to contact the mods first if doing a Q&A, which you can do from the link below. Probably a good idea in general to message a subreddit's moderators when posting as a brand so a subreddit's "AutoModerator" won't automatically delete your post if you don't meet some rule.

https://www.reddit.com/message/compose?to=/r/frugalmalefashion

MFA would probably be the better place. FMF is usually for just posting deals, not discussion as far as i understand it.

MFA is definitely more discussion focused, though I've seen the occasional thread on FMF and they don't seem to ban it.

I don't really like FMF for discussion though because the community is kind of divided in two. Most of the community just wants to know good deals on anything. Another smaller group think "frugal" is an objective term, and that paying more than $3 for a black tee is a ripoff no matter what the fabric is or where the labor is done (I made up that example, but they are pretty extreme).

GoodTwillHuntin

Reaction score
I wouldn't just make a post. I would send a message to the mods of MFA. It sounds like an "Ask Me Anything" is what you would be looking for. You can coordinate one with the mods so it is approved and then you can set a time so subscribers are aware of it ahead of time.

Mr.Chest

Reaction score
Just wanted to say I completely love my yummy T shirts I ordered a little while ago. They are really soft, well fitting, and have a nice substantial weight about them although they don't feel "heavy." I enjoy the caligula t's with how light and drapey they are but there is something nice about having a well fitting, substantial, cozy t shirt.

It seems like the caligula's get the most love around here but I'm definitely planning on picking up some more yummy t shirts if they show up in some different colors. Here is to hoping they do :)

Samir

Reaction score
Mauro, I saw you mention on Reddit that wider sweat styles are coming in the bamboo fabrics. Will you still have options as slim as the Emile?

psychodealer

Reaction score
Just wanted to say I completely love my yummy T shirts I ordered a little while ago. They are really soft, well fitting, and have a nice substantial weight about them although they don't feel "heavy." I enjoy the caligula t's with how light and drapey they are but there is something nice about having a well fitting, substantial, cozy t shirt.

It seems like the caligula's get the most love around here but I'm definitely planning on picking up some more yummy t shirts if they show up in some different colors. Here is to hoping they do :)
I want to echo the same feelings. My Not so Basic tee in grey is the best longsleeve I have. It's so warm and soft and I can wear it for days on end w/o washing it. Really wish I had gotten either the olive or the black melange before they sold out last year. Too bad this season Mauro won't be making longsleeved versions of these.

Although the Modal/Silk fabric is something I'm looking forward to also. I liked the old fenice tee but I'm sure the henley and the new modal silk is just as good.

zargoz

Reaction score

+1 here, the yummy tees are my favorite WvG tees. The fabric is great and the fit is perfect for me. You nailed it, soft but substantial, yet not heavy. And they breath really well despite a little weight. Hoping these make a comeback.

tobiasfunke

Reaction score
My Westwood Cotton Rollnecks arrived today. According to the measurements, they run a little smaller than the Bamboo variant, but I find the fit to be indistinguishable—my usual size fits me best. Going a size up was way too big.

The fabric and dye are pretty sick. Already placed a second order for some more now that I've got the sizing confirmed.

For reference, I'm 5'11, 155lbs with a 38" chest and wear a medium.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads