• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns F/W 2011

ryosuke

Reaction score
anyone know where i can cop the navy mac coat for under retail? i would need a small or xs if I just wear a shirt under it

linds_15

Reaction score

anyone know where i can cop the navy mac coat for under retail? i would need a small or xs if I just wear a shirt under it

i dont know if this is serious or not, theres no special place where we all get wings for under retail, just gotta keep an eye out for a weekend sale which you just missed from nomad and stels. otherwise, id try on the jacket, you should not buy a jacket based on what sizes you could get away with

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
no buttons.

No buttons + faux cardigan?

no wonder no retailers stocked it.

i think that was a terrible idea.

Some designers do a play on basic wardrobe staples, subvert the norm, and it works beautifully. But, this just looks like a cardigan, without the function of an actual cardigan. What they should have done is hidden the buttons behind that flap. Or a zipper. Nobody wants a cardigan that is actually a pullover sweater.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Welp, bought the straight selvedge in raw. I tried on the slim and it was super skinny. Need Supply makes them look good, and the discount didn't hurt. If the measurements at Acrimony are correct, my size 29's (1 size down) are almost like a 28 in APC petit standard. Will update when I get them. Might even give them a soak to shrink them (I know they are sanforized so it will be minimal) a bit if I like the fit.

Last edited:

DCU

Reaction score
Does anybody know if there will be anymore shirting for this season? I haven't seen this piece for example:

5375932542_13bf537802_z.jpg

DCU

Reaction score

That's the egyptian chambray shirt sample I believe. Roden Gray is selling it but looks a bit different now.

That doesn't look the same at all (collar, cuffs and buttons are different). Also, I wonder what justifies the high pricing on the egyptian chambray shirt?

Local_Disk

Reaction score
Well as I said earlier, the photo you linked was a sample. Many of their sample designs are different when they go retail.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ much thanks.

It appears that Nomad still has the full size run on the olive bomber--so most people must be picking the charcoal when they see them in person. I do like the olive tho--would be nice if there was a fit pic.

DCU

Reaction score

Well as I said earlier, the photo you linked was a sample. Many of their sample designs are different when they go retail.

It's all good, I wasn't looking for that shirt in particular - just wondering about the huge difference.

On another note, here are some more pictures of S/S 2012 from LG Fashion Week:

oct11-tfw-holts43.jpg

oct11-tfw-holts44.jpg

oct11-tfw-holts45.jpg

oct11-tfw-holts46.jpg

oct11-tfw-holts47.jpg

oct11-tfw-holts48.jpg

oct11-tfw-holts49.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads