• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns F/W 2011

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone in Seattle or SF (Acrimony) do a proxy for me? You will get some consideration from me when sample sale time rolls around.

Let me know - thanks!

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

89andy

Reaction score
hows the bomber fitting for you guys? Kinda wanna try a small but don't know if the length will be good for someone 5'10

Mossy

Reaction score

They are calling it a "pullover." I wonder. I don't really see the sense in making a faux cardigan pullover. Really limits the wear of it. I'm sort of interested in it, but only if I can actually button it.

no buttons.

dsoren

Reaction score

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

no buttons.

I don't see the point of constructing something like a cardigan that doesn't have buttons, a zipper, or some sort of closure system. Maybe that's why almost no retailers picked it up.

Last edited:

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welp, took a chance and got the one year wash straights. After a good amount of deliberation and standing on the side of the bed trying to look in the mirror, I'm going to return them. Don't want to offend anyone who does own and like them - these were just the notes I took before repackaging. What it really came down to was the fit, unfortunately. I went true to size in a 29. As per sizes posted on stockists sites, the back waistband measured exactly fifteen inches, the inseam exactly thirty four. Waist was totally fine. However there was too much fabric in the top half for my liking. It caused the jeans to kind of cave in around the crotch, similar to a lot of the fit pics on the web. Also pretty baggy in the butt. I swear the back pockets were kind of undersized, too. The buttons oddly felt oversized for the button holes. Hardware felt a little slight all around. The overlock stitching on the inside that you can see if you cuff your jeans was black thread and looked kinda cheap. The 13.5oz denim was maybe a tad lighter than expected. Distressing and wash were boring to me. And I really wanted a nice, supple black leather patch on the back of the jeans. I was even a little let down by that. It wasn't as nice as I'd hoped. In fact, if it was, I may have kept them...I hate returning ****.

I think these particular models would be great for a bigger guy with a decent sized butt (nh), and come the first round of sales. Don't get down on them too much based on this review. I think they'll have plenty of redeeming qualities for the right wearer. If I was gonna do it again I'd try the slim bleached as I think based on the fit of the straights I could do the slims. May do that later in the season. Hope w+h keep doing the denim and works to improve the fit (cough, just tighten the waist and model them after the '10 corded cloths).

edit; this review reads much harsher than my actual feelings about the jeans. I think I'm just disappointed they didnt fit as perfect as I'd hoped. And I do think I'm going to give the slim bleached a shot

Last edited:

Max_Yeah_True

Reaction score

Welp, took a chance and got the one year wash straights. After a good amount of deliberation and standing on the side of the bed trying to look in the mirror, I'm going to return them. Don't want to offend anyone who does own and like them - these were just the notes I took before repackaging. What it really came down to was the fit, unfortunately. I went true to size in a 29. As per sizes posted on stockists sites, the back waistband measured exactly fifteen inches, the inseam exactly thirty four. Waist was totally fine. However there was too much fabric in the top half for my liking. It caused the jeans to kind of cave in around the crotch, similar to a lot of the fit pics on the web. Also pretty baggy in the butt. I swear the back pockets were kind of undersized, too. The buttons oddly felt oversized for the button holes. Hardware felt a little slight all around. The overlock stitching on the inside that you can see if you cuff your jeans was black thread and looked kinda cheap. The 13.5oz denim was maybe a tad lighter than expected. Distressing and wash were boring to me. And I really wanted a nice, supple black leather patch on the back of the jeans. I was even a little let down by that. It wasn't as nice as I'd hoped. In fact, if it was, I may have kept them...I hate returning ****.
I think these particular models would be great for a bigger guy with a decent sized butt (nh), and come the first round of sales. Don't get down on them too much based on this review. I think they'll have plenty of redeeming qualities for the right wearer. If I was gonna do it again I'd try the slim bleached as I think based on the fit of the straights I could do the slims. May do that later in the season. Hope w+h keep doing the denim and works to improve the fit (cough, just tighten the waist and model them after the '10 corded cloths).
edit; this review reads much harsher than my actual feelings about the jeans. I think I'm just disappointed they didnt fit as perfect as I'd hoped. And I do think I'm going to give the slim bleached a shot

too bad man

this is making me reconsider getting them in another size. honestly, screw it. im just going to get apc or something and work on that. ill only need 1 pair of jeans that way anyways. as for w+h, they can only improve. the fit really is awkward, and they need to improve on it, but from what i saw when i had them, the bleached out wash was pretty spot on. i can wait. id rather save money for shoes or outerwear anyways. good luck to you

edit: let me tell you: for the pair i had, it was 18" around the waist, right, but around the legs it was pretty tight. sec, i have pics.. some of my happy trail is peeking out so click them at your own risk. remember, these are big on me lol.

http://cdn.styleforum.net/c/c9/350x263px-LL-c96d6adf_CIMG6779.jpeg
http://cdn.styleforum.net/1/19/350x263px-LL-198ce77d_CIMG6782.jpeg
http://cdn.styleforum.net/2/2a/350x263px-LL-2aeab67a_CIMG6785.jpeg
http://cdn.styleforum.net/6/68/350x263px-LL-68b6be91_CIMG6788.jpeg
http://cdn.styleforum.net/f/fa/350x263px-LL-fa7e8311_CIMG6794.jpeg
http://cdn.styleforum.net/1/15/350x263px-LL-15ce4ad7_CIMG6795.jpeg

LoL

Last edited:

max-t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If any of you dudes want my black bomber in a size small for what I paid from nomad (20% off) hit me up, one of my grails just popped up :slayer:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads