• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

why isnt Blue in Green a Styleforum affiliate?

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
And Supertalk is worth looking at if only for pictures of denim and boots.

Definitely. "The shoes that look better with age thread" and a couple of informational threads. There are some great dudes who know a lot about high quality boots/shoes but the rest seem to be pissy 16 year old denim snobs.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMO the pissy 16 year old snobs don't usually know as much but if anything there is a wealth of information about denim there, including some brands under the StyleForum radar. One thing I like about Supertalk is the organization of information. There will often be one thread devoted to a specific topic, such as denim jackets and it will have all the info you could ever dream about. Sure, it comes at the expense of everyone being uptight assholes about noob posts and mods ruling with an iron fist but that's why I come here for the community and there so I can get my deminz on.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
You aren't the first man to comment on j's dyslexia. Leave the poor guy alone.

Oi! I didn't spell it wrong, the dutch devs of the first forum software did. I never mispell words.
teacha.gif

Orange

Reaction score
You can get most of the nice denim brands from the affiliates already. I think the only one that's big and missing is Samurai. Btw Samurai jeans have garnered more popularity here in the US than in Japan. Anyone know why that is?

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ There are plenty of brands offered by BiG that aren't readily available anywhere else.

Fullcount
Studio D'Artisan
Oni
Eternal
PBJ
Somet

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orange
Btw Samurai jeans have garnered more popularity here in the US than in Japan. Anyone know why that is?

According to who? That said, none of these "repro" brands are all that popular in Japan. They are a niche product there like they are here.

sidney

Reaction score
Orange, did your latest trip to Japan confirm your thoughts?

Originally Posted by Johnny_5
I had read somewhere that the retailer pays heavy fees on items coming from japan (which is basically all their stock)? I am guessing that is why Self-Edge only gives discounts on nudies. If thats correct then if there was a discount then profits would likely shrink substantially because there arent many retailers of high-end japanese denim and most of their customers I would assume come from sufu and sf.

well that is my theory..

Yes, the fees in question are shipping fees and a large import tariff. While it seems logical that Nudie is discounted because it's not high-end Japanese, it's more about the numbers of retail than anything else. Nudie is a gateway jean and sell in much higher quantity.

There is a large chance the cost of the affiliate program just increased and Blue in Green opted out of online advertising. If you visit SUFU frequently or have been to any of the Blue in Green meetups, it's well-known that Blue in Green has their own unique clientele as well as a different attitude (no better or worse per se) toward online message board communities as a medium for advertising.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
No matter how much I go around sufu I still can't ditch Styleforum. I just get a denim nerd/tennis shoe collect kid idea whenever I think of SuFu.

Originally Posted by Johnny_5
There are some great dudes who know a lot about high quality boots/shoes but the rest seem to be pissy 16 year old denim snobs.

I hate to break it to you, but the prevailing level of discourse in CEP&M is approximately 100x stupider than the worst threads in supertrash.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
^ There are plenty of brands offered by BiG that aren't readily available anywhere else.

Fullcount
Studio D'Artisan
Oni
Eternal
PBJ
Somet

And Warehouse.... and Paul Smith MIJ.... and Takumi....
laugh.gif

Seriously what would we do with out BiG?

Orange

Reaction score
sidney;1192055 said:
Orange, did your latest trip to Japan confirm your thoughts?QUOTE]

Yes it did, I'd venture to say I probably go to Japan more often than you. Most of the jean shops in Harajuku do not carry Samurais. You have to search and do research in order to find it.

sidney

Reaction score
Yes it did, I'd venture to say I probably go to Japan more often than you.

Fabulous. Congratulations?

Most of the jean shops in Harajuku do not carry Samurais. You have to search and do research in order to find it.

Most of the jean shops in the United States do not carry Samuaris. You have to search and find Blue in Green in order to find it.

Whoopdeefuckingdoo.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads