• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why do YOU need money?

thenanyu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK
Dude is probably doing that as well. Any thread like this is a chance to vent and ***** with relative anonymity while also opening to the opportunity to learn a little. I don't think anyone actually expects life changing results out this place.

This place actually helped me a lot.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
It seems to me that people are working to avoid a rainy day at the expense of a better life today. Not judging whether or not that is good or bad, only that it seems to be the prevalent sentiment.

False dichotomy. It's possible to both enjoy yourself today yet tuck something away for the future.

Originally Posted by thenanyu
Did you ever plan on being one, during the lurid days of your youth?

Didn't you?
confused.gif

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
It seems to me that people are working to avoid a rainy day at the expense of a better life today. Not judging whether or not that is good or bad, only that it seems to be the prevalent sentiment.
There is no point in wasting money in an attempt to enjoy it all today. I'm not going to spend to get something I don't need or even want.

Do I really need a 212' yacht if 132' accomplishes all I want?
Do I really need 20 big screen TV's when none gives me everything I want?

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Didn't you?
confused.gif

Realize this isn't directed at me, but I'm avoiding studying for 5 minutes, so I'm gonna answer anyway. I didn't. First I wanted to be a marine biologist and live out on a boat (3-6ish). Then I wanted to be a vet, ride my motorcyle, and run a dog rescue (7-16). Then I decided to be an uber playah with a **** ton of cash and uselessly expensive cars. It was a short lived phase of my life.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahhh, life is funny like that.

I am currently working very hard to give up a high income high certainty big pimpin route so I can do something that I believe i will enjoy a lot more, for potentially less money and with an even lesser degree of certainty. But I will be somewhat more independent in doing what i like and I'll have the opportunity to do more intellectual level of work that I enjoy.. Maybe... But not quite there yet, and might not get there for a while.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thenanyu
I am 24, and no, I do not plan on being a baller in the private jet/10 vacation homes sense.

Good on you. Given the choice between my average life and true baller life though? I'd still pick to be a baller. But I'm stuck with (barely) average
frown.gif

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good on you. Given the choice between my average life and true baller life though? I'd still pick to be a baller. But I'm stuck with (barely) average
frown.gif

Barely average? You certainly dine well, drink well ... and I've somehow inferred that you drive a nice German vehicle, no?

SVS

Reaction score
Tangible: Money equals freedom. Vodka. Plus, I need something to do all day.
Intangible: Girls prefer guys with jobs (even if the guy doesn't need the cash.)

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
Barely average? You certainly dine well, drink well ... and I've somehow inferred that you drive a nice German vehicle, no?

All this is true but I am the guy standing in the rain while Gordon Gekko and Bud Fox are in the limo and Gekko is explaining how I'm just a working stiff. Baller = the guy in the limo, me = guy who's all wet
frown.gif

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All this is true but I am the guy standing in the rain while Gordon Gekko and Bud Fox are in the limo and Gekko is explaining how I'm just a working stiff. Baller = the guy in the limo, me = guy who's all wet
frown.gif

limos are so trashy.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
limos are so trashy.

Yes, they have been made into the habitat of white trash and rappers. Once upon a time, an understated limo with your personal driver was not considered such.
frown.gif

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, they have been made into the habitat of white trash and rappers. Once upon a time, an understated limo with your personal driver was not considered such.
frown.gif

I much prefer an understated "black car" with a driver. I actually like that in Europe/Asia where the typical black cars are Mercedes S and E class, although even a normal American Lincoln Towncar with a driver and a newspaper to me is tons better than a trashy limo. Factory extended wheelbase is ok, I guess.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads