• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who is the wittiest poster on SF

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is a fantastic circle-jerk of a thread.

Chiaroscuro

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Doc, dopey, jet, and fuuma. dopey and jet can be mean, but i like mean people. meanies make others cry, which makes life amusing.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chiaroscuro
Doc, dopey, jet, and fuuma. dopey and jet can be mean, but i like mean people. meanies make others cry, which makes life amusing.

Do you mean DocHolliday?

He's about as mean as I am serious in my political posts!

Now, my historical posts and posts concerning "entertainers" are a different matter.

I note that it's a real close horse race as I type. 19 Vox to 17 RJ to 18 Other. I have 3 votes ( 1 of which is my own ), but I'm a real closer. Watch out Vox and RJ! I'm not going to try and overtake "other" A/K/A Dopey.

I looked in the mirror this morning ( been up since 6:00AM ) and I realized that I'm light on wit and Snark. Maybe I can make it up in other ways.

Vote early and vote often.

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RJMan with rach2jlc a close second
inlove.gif

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Homme
RJMan with rach2jlc a close second
inlove.gif

Wittiest, not gheyest (i'm talking about RJman, of course).

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow, I just got out of my Sunday morning social meeting.

And I see it's 27-26 RJman over Vox. What a race!

I see that "other is only at 19. That is my fault. Hindsight is 20-20 and I see that I should have included Dopey and Matt in the choices.

What about a witt-off? Dopey against Matt, mano a mano ( inside an internet octagon ). I'm pretty sure I could get Dopey to agree. What about Matt. Be prepared for some rapier wit. I'm gratified and mystified that I got 3 votes.

The poll is not over.

Vote early and vote often!!!

PS: I see that aportnoy has gotten a vote. There are some very smart people on SF!

lynchpatrickj

Reaction score
Other (as played by Thomas) gets my vote, too. I also think that Prof. Fabulous guy is great.

Originally Posted by MrG
I chose "other." I don't think wit is inherently tied to having a hint of harshness, and much of the "wit" around here has an edge that I would say qualifies as snarky. I'll refrain from pointing fingers, mostly because I don't think the snark is necessarily a bad thing, and I tend to be amused by much of it.

I'd say the wittiest is DT's own Thomas. Dude always makes me laugh, and he generally isn't as harsh as the others who might count as witty.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boys, be careful - the winner gives rhnold a lap dance. On the lower east side. With an oil tycoon watching. It's beginning to look a lot like Carter...

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
Boys, be careful - the winner gives rhnold a lap dance. On the lower east side. With an oil tycoon watching. It's beginning to look a lot like Carter...

How could you not be in this pole. You are truly "the one."

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah

Oil tycoons are no problem ( we've got a lot down here , and I can get one to NYC). A lap dance in NYC would be fine. I hear they have a lot of good clubs there and as my friend says "they got a lotta nice girls there, har, har,har". The LES is fine. It will be a nice return and I'll get them to re open Ratners for Dopey and I. And you be the Judge of " It's beginning to look a lot like Carter......" if you are old enough to remember and know the facts and context.

Originally Posted by iammatt
How could you not be in this pole. You are truly "the one."

+1

See, I agree with you often ( though the word is "poll" ). haganah should have been in the poll as you and Dopey should have been ( my mistake ).

Perhaps we can have a 3 way witt-off, mano a mano. Gentleman, prepare your rapiers.

PS: 30 to 30! That's a real race.

And there was a 4th vote for me. Amazing!

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
+1

See, I agree with you often ( though the word is "poll" ). haganah should have been in the poll as you and Dopey should have been ( my mistake ).

Perhaps we can have a 3 way witt-off, mano a mano. Gentleman, prepare your rapiers.

PS: 30 to 30! That's a real race.

When haganah is going to give you a lap dance, the word is pole, not poll, as in the apparatus on which he will dance before your private show. It was wit, and perhaps such unsuccessful wit that it disqualified me.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
When haganah is going to give you a lap dance, the word is pole, not poll, as in the apparatus on which he will dance before your private show. It was wit, and perhaps such unsuccessful wit that it disqualified me.

Nah, you're still in the race.

Many of us are wondering how to extrapolate the "other" vote.

It was my mistake to leave you and Dopey out as specific choices.

If you too would have a wit-off mano a mano, it would be clearer. I'll PM Dopey right now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads