• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

whnay.'s good taste thread

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

up-leon_the_professional.jpg

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
X-post from WAYWRN:

Very unusual for me to wear a light tie, but since this was recently discussed (again) in the Noodles thread, I wanted to give it a try. Still not sure if I'm sold on this look, TBH. What do you think, gentlemen?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I would like it better with a solid blue shirt, but I think it's an acceptable use of a light tie.

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would like it better with a solid blue shirt, but I think it's an acceptable use of a light tie.

Thanks. I tried it with a solid blue shirt first, but I was afraid the shirt would be too dark to go with the the tie since I don't have solid blue shirts that are light enough.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Fair enough. If you needed to choose between shade and pattern, I think you made the right choice.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
id like the tie better with a less business type suit, like a navy cotton unstructured SC perhaps, but it looks legit to me.

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do like the sozzi knit ties even though they are only about 7.5 cm. I think a square tipped knit tie looks best at that width anyways.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads