• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

baseball_guy

Reaction score
What polo is better? Better design, higher quality, more exclusive, better thread, upscale, ect...

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by baseball_guy
What polo is better? Better design, higher quality, more exclusive, better thread, upscale, ect...

Sean Jean

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I prefer Lacoste to all others........under a suit or with cargo shorts, can't go wrong either way.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On first reading the question, I assumed you were asking us to compare the "Polo Ralph Lauren" line with a "Lacoste Polo" line I'd never heard of.

If you just mean who makes a better polo shirt, then that would probably depend on the line. I've heard lots of people trash-talk Lacoste (though I've never had any complaints about the few polos I've owned) but it's certainly nicer than a RL Chaps polo -- though somehow I suspect RLPL is made to a much higher standard than Lacoste, being Ralph's top-tier collection.

Hany

Reaction score
Lacoste is the best polo in terms of quality. Great fabric, mother of pearl buttons and good fits.

PRL have lower quality fabric that looses colour fast and unsightly plastic buttons.

The choice for me is Lacoste. It just makes sense for casual wear and I've replaced my t-shirts by Lacoste polos.

Motorsport226

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hany
Lacoste is the best polo in terms of quality. Great fabric, mother of pearl buttons and good fits.

PRL have lower quality fabric that looses colour fast and unsightly plastic buttons.

The choice for me is Lacoste. It just makes sense for casual wear and I've replaced my t-shirts by Lacoste polos.

+100

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
W0695_l.jpg

Casey

Reaction score
I've had good RL polos and I've had bad ones. I have a white one with has managed to hold its shape and still looks good after at least 3 years, but the rest have collars that like to make funny creases which makes them look cheap and nasty after just a few washes, and these were first quality polos from their online store.

I don't know about the quality of the RLPL polos but the cut looks like it was made for a much older and wealthier man who is fine with short sleeves that reach his elbows.

Kentishman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting question, and one I've been pondering myself of late. Lacoste is undoubtedly more authentic (dating back to RenÃ
00a9.png
Lacoste in teh late twenties) but I'd say RL Polo is looked upon as being 'higer end'. Certainly in the UK Lacoste has very negative connotations with 'chavs' and hooliganism, along with a ton of otherwise respectable brands, which is a real shame.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kentishman
Interesting question, and one I've been pondering myself of late.

Lacoste is undoubtedly more authentic (dating back to RenÃ
00a9.png
Lacoste in teh late twenties) but I'd say RL Polo is looked upon as being 'higer end'. Certainly in the UK Lacoste has very negative connotations with 'chavs' and hooliganism, along with a ton of otherwise respectable brands, which is a real shame.

+1 but I'm not really a Polo wearer - yet to find one that flatters my dodgy shape.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluenose