• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where do you get your classic Chinos?

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a problem: I wear my jeans way too much since my Vintage RL Chinos ripped last autumn. To this date I found no replacement. I want a high rise- double pleated Chino with a straight cut. Basically the classic 80s Khacki. The rise on new RLs is too low for my taste and the leg is rather slim. Do you have any recommendations for what I'm looking for? I saw that Berg & Berg has it's Antonello coming - which could be what I need - but maybe you have an alternative at a lower price point than 300 Bucks?

acconrad

Reaction score
Bill's Khakis M1/M2 miUSA

J.A.G

Reaction score
I really don’t like ordering clothes without trying them on. So Bills is out for me, since I don’t have a way to try them on. I have bought chinos at three places in the last couple years, after trying on to check style and fit. All of them 100% cotton. All have 34” inseam (or unhemmed to exactly adjust length) available which is a consideration for me - standard length doesn’t work for me.

LLBean is the most cost effective, and has a lot of choices, styles, fabrics and colors. Their flannel lined are the ones I have worn the most this winter (almost every day), they are extremely comfortable. I will be switching to unlined soon with the season change, I bought a couple pairs of those too.

The ones I bought at Orvis haven’t been hemmed yet, but I like the fit of those too. More expensive than llbean, but not a lot more.

The ones I bought at Brooks Brothers were worn at a casual wedding party I attended in New Orleans. I like those a lot too, I would wear them more but I guess I am saving these for better occasions.

I think these three are all good choices, depending on what retail stores are in your area to try on.

oucheebooboo

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a problem: I wear my jeans way too much since my Vintage RL Chinos ripped last autumn. To this date I found no replacement. I want a high rise- double pleated Chino with a straight cut. Basically the classic 80s Khacki. The rise on new RLs is too low for my taste and the leg is rather slim. Do you have any recommendations for what I'm looking for? I saw that Berg & Berg has it's Antonello coming - which could be what I need - but maybe you have an alternative at a lower price point than 300 Bucks?
Seems to be a popular “ask”. Researched this recently in response to different members. You may find these links and discussions useful.

Posted in thread 'High waisted chinos?'
https://www.styleforum.net/threads/high-waisted-chinos.702742/post-11777777

Post in thread 'Classic, straight, double pleated trousers which don't look pre-war and don't taper like contemporary cuts.'
https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...r-like-contemporary-cuts.754159/post-11775921

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads