• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PreppyJ

Reaction score
Next year I am definitely going to transfer all my stuff into the local store a week before the sale starts. Do you guys know how long the SA's can put merchandise on hold?

macjedi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking about summer, so decided to pull the trigger on another :)

BrooksCool Regent Fit Tic Suit

Anyone have any experience with the "woolish" brookscool suits? At $295, it sounds like a good value for a summer suit.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any feedback on Milano Blazers? I don't want to miss the sale if it's any good

518aata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks but that is definitely not c&j based on the price.

I ordered a pair in blue and one in sand. I don't know who makes them, but for less than $130 each, I thought I'd give them a try. And for what it's worth, there are 16 reviews, nearly all of which are very positive.

macjedi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any feedback on Milano Blazers? I don't want to miss the sale if it's any good

If you like the cut, they're worth a try. Returns are easy. I didn't like the skinny lapels and it felt a bit tight in the chest. I only tried one sport coat, bought and returned. I tried on a Milano suit in-store before and it fit better than the SC, but still prefer the Fitz or Regent cut … so YMMV.

gcannon

Reaction score
I am very tempted to pick a pair up myself. I have them in my shopping cart but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Does anyone know if the BB shoes made by AE are eligible for their recrafting service?

Yes they are. Saw it on a different thread confirmed in an email from BB customer service.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have $40 in store only rewards and couldn't get to a store today or yesterday. Dang.

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
I got interested in a sport coat in the last minute and called my SA to do an inventory check for me at 6PM. Hopefully he could find one in my size before the store that has it closes.
If I call the customer service and hypothetically locate one in a store that's already closed, can an SA bypass the rules and honor the 15% tomorrow?

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^^

C&J. They're the only maker using the square font for PEAL & CO.
Thanks. I noticed it also made on the 224 last. Typically do people size down 1/2 or take true to size on this last? I read that it's a pretty roomy last.

monkeynuts

Reaction score
I am very tempted to pick a pair up myself. I have them in my shopping cart but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Does anyone know if the BB shoes made by AE are eligible for their recrafting service?
There is always some back and forth about this, I believe they are, you can always call AE and ask to make sure.

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks. I noticed it also made on the 224 last. Typically do people size down 1/2 or take true to size on this last? I read that it's a pretty roomy last. 

It's roomy in the sense that it has a high instep. If you have a low instep, it might not work for you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads