• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's the Worst TV Show Premise

cretaceous_cretin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheIdler
Compared to this, Mr. Ed looked like high art:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

+1 Worst concept.

Lagrangian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
"My Mother The Car" has to be the worst of all time

Thank goodness it was a wholesome series, otherwise making out in the back seat would've gotten a whole new (uncomfortable) meaning.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Don Carlos
You're doing it wrong. Airwolf should be in the Best Concept For a TV Show thread. As for the worst? Well, I'll know it when I see it. I might say Cougartown, but I've never seen it and would like to keep things that way.
Cougartown is actually the TV show I watch at this point. It's stupid, but there are so many things that it gets, and tons of little details that so ridiculously human that normally get lost in overproduced tv shows. I watched an episode to humor a friend of mine and ended up pretty well hooked. The plot is weak verging on non-existent, but that's okay for now. Edit: also, it's premise may well be the most realistic on TV. Woman divorces husband and lives life. Doesn't seem that far fetched.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cooking show that solely revolves around Cupcakes.

Shows about bidding on abandoned storage units.

dwyhajlo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
Cooking show that solely revolves around Cupcakes.

This reminds me of when TLC first started coming out with all those shows about little people, and cakes and cake-making. My reaction was "what's next, a show about little people making cakes?" Shortly thereafter, Little Chocolatiers appeared.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dwyhajlo
This reminds me of when TLC first started coming out with all those shows about little people, and cakes and cake-making. My reaction was "what's next, a show about little people making cakes?" Shortly thereafter, Little Chocolatiers appeared.

That whole trend of exploitation TV just nauseates me. Jon and Kate Plus 8, anything involving little people, just make me shudder.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"My Two Dads" where the mom was a slut and has a daughter before she dies. Two guys are awarded custody of the daughter since either one could be the father.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Texasmade
"My Two Dads" where the mom was a slut and has a daughter before she dies. Two guys are awarded custody of the daughter since either one could be the father.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biggskip
While I won't argue with several of the points in your response, the L & O empire does take place in a city of millions of people where violent murders do take place on a daily basis. What I find so ridiculous about NCIS is that fact that all of the crimes that they solve are somehow connected to the comings and goings of the soldiers on a single Naval base. If this unit somehow dealt with all of the criminal investigations that took place on or near ALL Naval bases I think it would be marginally less ridiculous. But, given the existence of NCIS: Los Angeles we know this is not he case.

It's often been claimed that Law & Order (presumably between its various shows) fictionalized more murders in NYC committed by white people than they actually commit in the entire real city in a given year. It actually makes sense when you realize there are only 5-600 murders in NYC per year these days. According to the NYPD only 4% of the murderers they catch are white. Doesn't say how many are affluent, though. So assuming they caught every murderer that's only about 24 murders committed by whites in NYC every year. Coincidentally there are about 24 episodes of Law & Order. Or at least there were--didn't they cancel it?

http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloa...der_in_nyc.pdf

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Eat a dick, merkur. Lost is awesome.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Texasmade

I LOLLED @ this.

Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
Lost is awesome.

+1 Comments to the contrary are excellent litmus test for taste (pun intended).

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by merkur
Lost was truly the biggest ************* ever aired on TV.
ffffuuuu.gif

Once again, this isn't a thread for shows you don't like. This is a show about bad premises.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
latinphrases33