• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's the Worst TV Show Premise

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dr Huh?
Glee is debatable, but isn't Moder Family just about a family? I think some of you might not quite get what Biggskip is aiming for with this thread. You might not like Modern Family, but as far as I know (I've never sat down and watched it) the premise isn't ridiculous. Same with Jersey Shore, which just falls into the "reality tv" category. What are shows that have premises that make you wonder how they ever got the green light? Like Cop Rock, a serious cop drama that also has musical numbers, or Small Wonder, a sitcom about a guy inventing himself a freakin' robot daughter.

Yeah, I was going to suggest "What a Dummy", but really, the problem with the show wasn't the premise (which was not that far-off from Alf,) but rather that it was just so poor in execution.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"The Secret Diary of Desmond Pfeiffer" deserves mention, even though the show itself wasn't actually that bad.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DukesofStratosphear
The very short-lived, infamous and truly jaw-dropping British sitcom "Heil Honey, I'm Home!".

You won't believe it......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heil_Honey_I'm_Home!

The show centres on fictionalised versions of Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun, who live next door to a Jewish couple, Arny and Rosa Goldenstein. The show's plot is centred on Hitler's inability to get along with his neighbours. A caption at the beginning of the episode presented the series as a 'lost' sitcom from the 50s, recently re-discovered. The show spoofed elements of 1950s and 1960s American sitcoms such as Leave It to Beaver and I Love Lucy, including the corny title, light (even vacuous) plots and dialogue, and unwarranted applause whenever a character appeared on screen.
It actually sounds amazingly similar to "That's My Bush".

Anthony K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gradstudent78
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Smith_(TV_series)

Just based off this little promo it looks horrible.

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biggskip
Oh come on, finding a super-powered alien based hero suit, but losing the instruction manual, could've happened to anybody.

Hope there is sarcasm in that statement I am missing... if not, we cannot be e-buddies.
frown.gif

Mr. White

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
"My Mother The Car" has to be the worst of all time

You beat me to the punch! Absolutely detested the episode where the MOL/car had to stop on a dime, but some little part fell out (that looked like one of those bike tire emergency inflaters).

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biggskip
I'll throw out NCIS. Who knew that hundreds of serial killers were operating within 50 miles of the same Navy base?

If this is the standard, than the Law & Order series is equally ridiculous. Thousands of good-looking and wealthy white and light-skinned Asian people are running around NYC slaughtering the poor and the brown. Only one old paternalistic white guy can bring them to justice!

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
manimal

Manimal was bad-assed to me. I was like six or seven when it came out, but I loved it. That show, and Misfits of Science (with a hot Courteney Cox) were my two favs as a kid. My poor dad must've been so grateful for their brief shelf-lives.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dr Huh?
Glee is debatable, but isn't Moder Family just about a family? I think some of you might not quite get what Biggskip is aiming for with this thread. You might not like Modern Family, but as far as I know (I've never sat down and watched it) the premise isn't ridiculous. Same with Jersey Shore, which just falls into the "reality tv" category. What are shows that have premises that make you wonder how they ever got the green light? Like Cop Rock, a serious cop drama that also has musical numbers, or Small Wonder, a sitcom about a guy inventing himself a freakin' robot daughter.

You are spot on in your assessment on my intent for this thread.

Originally Posted by Imhoff
Hope there is sarcasm in that statement I am missing... if not, we cannot be e-buddies.
frown.gif

Oh, there is a lot of sarcasm.

Originally Posted by acidboy
manimal

Dr Huh? was winning this thread until this.

Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
If this is the standard, than the Law & Order series is equally ridiculous. Thousands of good-looking and wealthy white and light-skinned Asian people are running around NYC slaughtering the poor and the brown. Only one old paternalistic white guy can bring them to justice!

While I won't argue with several of the points in your response, the L & O empire does take place in a city of millions of people where violent murders do take place on a daily basis. What I find so ridiculous about NCIS is that fact that all of the crimes that they solve are somehow connected to the comings and goings of the soldiers on a single Naval base. If this unit somehow dealt with all of the criminal investigations that took place on or near ALL Naval bases I think it would be marginally less ridiculous. But, given the existence of NCIS: Los Angeles we know this is not he case.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Cop Rock

/thread

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance