• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What watch do you wear?

steviecakes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by spencers
I liked the look of the J.Crew Timex watch, but couldn't justify the exorbiant amount they wanted for a TIMEX, much less a quartz. So I went with a Seiko 5 automatic SNK809 (military). It has been modded with custom hands and face (via Yobokies on watchuseek.com). It's on a stock nylon strap.

if you don't mind me asking, how much did the mods cost you? i've been looking for an affordable military watch, and that seiko looks so clean i may have to copy it to the bone. i normally hate replicating items exactly as i see them on others, but that watch is perfect to me
inlove.gif

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
71730799.jpg

Bvlgari 48 Assioma Chrono.

centrix

Reaction score
Originally Posted by danilo
I have this... I want a low budget automatic military or diver type watch for a daily though.

12448d1231790577-tissot-prc-200-vs-certina-ds-first-tissot.jpg

not to be an asshole but isnt tissot a low budget automatic daily beater watch?

for super low budget, i guess you cant go wrong with a seiko

Barrylicious

Reaction score
Originally Posted by centrix
not to be an asshole but isnt tissot a low budget automatic daily beater watch?

for super low budget, i guess you cant go wrong with a seiko

Depends on your definition, but that one in particular is $250-$300 so no, not exactly

I wear a Hamilton Khaki most days

2125s9v.jpg

centrix

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Barrylicious
Depends on your definition, but that one in particular is $250-$300 so no, not exactly

I wear a Hamilton Khaki most days

2125s9v.jpg

being from a family of watch lovers, thats pretty low end to me. good value for money though

danilo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by centrix
not to be an asshole but isnt tissot a low budget automatic daily beater watch? for super low budget, i guess you cant go wrong with a seiko
It's a $300 watch, so it's not high end at all. However I want something lighter with a more comfortable band for daily use. And NO the Tissot is not automatic.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
'High End' to me is definitely $2500+.....I consider something like an Omega Seamaster a daily beater....

This is not due to me being rich or anything of that matter, I believe most watch enthusiasts would be along the same lines.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads