• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What wallet do you use?

Reaction score
IMG_0888.jpg

Shanghai Trio

mrtophat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ajchen
The Tanner leather does indeed age nicely... here's my natural tan cardholder at the one year mark... no mink oil was used on it; just regular, everyday use.

_mg_1501.jpg

wow. i've always been confused as to the aesthetic of the tanner wallets, but this picture gives me a completely different perspective. looks great.

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need a wallet rec. I have the following things I need to carry:

2 CCs
1 Debit
1 Health Ins
1 Student ID
1 Driver's License (MA)
2 Access Cards (would never be taken out)

So 6+2 at minimum. The two that would never be taken out could be put together. So ca. 7 slots minimum. I don't want to double up cards because taking them out and putting them back against the neighboring card tears up the magnetic strips.

Additionally, I have 3 punch cards I carry around (can be put together), and cash.

I don't mind thickness because I always remove the wallet from my pocket before sitting down. I am enamored of having a lanyard attached to my belt loop b/c it will make it easy to keep track of the wallet when I take it out (usually to practice guitar in a practice room).

I like the Redmoon wallets, but they don't look like they have enough slots. I got a Hartmann wallet/moneyclip combo that I ruined by putting in the oven after accidentally soaking it in a pair of jeans
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
. Actually I did this a couple years ago, but I am ready for a new wallet right about now b/c I often leave my wallet behind
ffffuuuu.gif
after taking it out. Hence the lanyard.

Something that ages and is 'decadent' per diorshoe would be perfect. Also a lanyard.

Thanks for a rec!

ma1

Reaction score
I use a wallet made from a recycled pinstripe polyester/wool suit. It's pretty flimsy but really comfortable to sit on because it's so flexible and I think the fabric looks unusual for a wallet, I have doubts about its durability however.

I spent ages trying to find a decent, plain canvas wallet. All the ones I found had some kind of leather trim or piping around the edges. Or loud branding or print. Or just awful fabric. Why is it so had to find a good canvas bifold? Seems like a terribly simple thing.

Psyren

Reaction score
Had a money clip wallet by Mont Blanc for a long time until summer when I realised that I messed up the slots by putting too many cards in each one, kinda got bulky, but it was nice and slim when I first got it. Kind of like this one
montblanc_money_clip_1018_2.jpg

Godot

Reaction score
I carry what's called a Mission Wallet
mission.jpg

In it I carry a small Sebenza pocket knife-Arc 3AAA flashlight-tiny pen-plastic and cash.
It's not really fashionable, but very practical.
eh.gif

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use a Coach money clip/card case my brother got my for Christmas like 10 years ago. It's small and it's held up just fine, so I see no reason to change.

graphicd

Reaction score
I used classic bi-fold styles for as long as I can remember, but switched to a thin "front pocket" wallet about a year ago and could never go back. It's so nice to not feel my wallet when I sit down (which did felt weird/wrong for a short while).

Mine looks like this:

http://a1472.g.akamaitech.net/f/1472...ei=280&wid=280

There's an ID slot on the other side. I bought it from Ebags for about $20. Did have to really limit it to the essentials, but most places that require club cards can just take your phone number. Or you can just do something like this.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
coach.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the only problem i have with the tanner natural wallet is, its not cut right so that the top slot for the CC doesnt stick out... damnit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads