• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

Oswald Cornelius

Reaction score
I guess I’m having opposite reaction. Wyatt and Kurt Russel, the scientists Wyatt is working with, the father of the half sibling are all interesting to me.
Old story but I was in Aspen a long time ago, came around a corner and actually physically bumped into Kurt Russell. He was gracious, and I realized he was carrying a little baby. Very little. I said something dumb like, "Wow, you've got a new one, huh?" Of course, the baby was Wyatt--he must've been only a few days old at the time. Like I said, a long time ago.

Kurt is not a small man, and Aspen is a great town.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Old story but I was in Aspen a long time ago, came around a corner and actually physically bumped into Kurt Russell. He was gracious, and I realized he was carrying a little baby. Very little. I said something dumb like, "Wow, you've got a new one, huh?" Of course, the baby was Wyatt--he must've been only a few days old at the time. Like I said, a long time ago.

Kurt is not a small man, and Aspen is a great town.

I immediately thought of this after reading the first sentence.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MV5BMzE3MTY5MjktOTZjNC00ZjhhLTgyZjktYjUxMjE5YzQ5OTJkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDc5ODIzMw@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1...jpg

This was fun, though I can't help but think it would've been a fantastic two hour movie. As an 8 episode series, it starts to drag a little. I will say, I admire their commitment to raunchiness, debauchery, and ridiculous violence. Oh, and props to C. Thomas Howell for not using a prop. If you watch it, you'll understand.

Odds are pretty decent there will be an Obliterated 2.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rewatched Station Eleven recently. It’s been a couple of years so many of the details seem fresh even the second time around. It’s one of the best written and performed series I’ve seen. Every episode has award winning, emotionally accurate portrayals. This time around, I tried to focus on the secondary and tertiary characters. Jeevan's brother Frank was such a great character. And THE scene in the last episode when XXX and XXX see eachother across the room...killed me again.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rewatched Station Eleven recently. It’s been a couple of years so many of the details seem fresh even the second time around. It’s one of the best written and performed series I’ve seen. Every episode has award winning, emotionally accurate portrayals. This time around, I tried to focus on the secondary and tertiary characters. Jeevan's brother Frank was such a great character. And THE scene in the last episode when XXX and XXX see eachother across the room...killed me again.

I'm about to go back and watch it again. I've been saying since it aired that it's my favorite television show of all time, and get a little choked up just thinking about that THE scene.

Salad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Caught the first episode of "The Curse". Nathan Fielder and Benny Safdie are clearly smart and talented. They've created a tremendously funny show that is so uncomfortable to watch.

#cherrytomatoboys

I'm at ep4 but it's taking me like 2-3 days to get through an episode because, you are right, it is so cringy, lol.

Station Eleven really is fantastic. I want to go through it again. The costuming alone is worth it.

Before Netflix blocked me because my TV isn't part of my nephew's household (duh but I'm not paying $16 a month to scroll for 10min.), I watched "Kleo" and really enjoyed it. I already have a German fetish (thanks Dark) so I was all in. I highly recommend. So good.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slow Horses episodes go by so fast, the mark of a great show.

They’re roughly 45 minutes long, and they seem like 38, 39 minutes long.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm at ep4 but it's taking me like 2-3 days to get through an episode because, you are right, it is so cringy, lol.

It is incredibly hard to watch. I can’t decide if Nathan Fielder is a genius or just odd. Sometimes I want to feel sorry for him and others times I just hate his character. Same for the Safdie brother.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slow Horses episodes go by so fast, the mark of a great show.

They’re roughly 45 minutes long, and they seem like 38, 39 minutes long.

Started it a couple of weeks ago and got current last night. Gary Oldman is great, but there are some holes in the story each season. Still a fun watch though.

And, I rewatched Station Eleven a few months ago with my gf who hadn't seen it and it fully held up to a second pass. It's tough waiting to see how it all comes together, but it's so worth it.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And, I rewatched Station Eleven a few months ago with my gf who hadn't seen it and it fully held up to a second pass. It's tough waiting to see how it all comes together, but it's so worth it.
I mentioned to my wife that I rewatched Station Eleven and she reminded me that she never finished it. She missed the last episode!

I can't even look at her the same way.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mentioned to my wife that I rewatched Station Eleven and she reminded me that she never finished it. She missed the last episode!

I can't even look at her the same way.
One of my very best friends, a female I've know since junior high, said she didn't like the show.
I'm pretty sure I called her an ignorant slut.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads