• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What stereo(s) do you listen to? What do you want?

Girardian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m selling my YBA 2 Delta HCDT monoblocks and matching preamp (dual mono, line stage, with remote). Special SF pricing. PM me if interested.

Girardian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cables do matter - as does power conditioning. People can overspend in these areas compared to system value but saying they don’t make a difference suggests simply that the author can’t *hear* the difference (it is also true people “hear” — and taste - differences that don’t always exist).

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any thoughts on a simple 2.1 system that can stream from my PC but also connect to my TV? Thinking of getting this Logitech system: https://www.pcmag.com/review/354532/logitech-z537 It looks more like a PC set up but I know I'd like to play music off of it. The TV question is less important since I don't think about that much. Keeping the price under $250 is important.

Girardian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why not look on the second-hand market for something a little better in the powered small monitors/desktop speakers?

I've never heard them myself, but you can pick up highly rated Audioengine A5+ speakers used (in "as new" condition with free shipping) for $300 (yes, $50 over budget):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B005OSR1C8/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all

That will be the best "extra" $50 you ever spent (plus the Audioengine look like real speakers, not "computer speakers"). Don't worry about the "missing" subwoofer -- the drivers and range of the Audioengine speakers will be more than sufficient and have a great range.

Last edited:

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for both suggestions but it's kind of important that I be able to stream via bluetooth (that way my laptop or phone don't need to be connected to them). It looks like the Audioengine and Kanto don't allow for that. Also I know I said $250 price point but that'y my absolute max spend - somewhere around $150 would be a happy spot.

Thoughts on this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016PATXS...lm&pd_rd_r=46KMANVA9CBH1R744FDV&pd_rd_w=kUNWE

Any way will do some more research before I make a decision in a few days.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks for both suggestions but it's kind of important that I be able to stream via bluetooth (that way my laptop or phone don't need to be connected to them). It looks like the Audioengine and Kanto don't allow for that. Also I know I said $250 price point but that'y my absolute max spend - somewhere around $150 would be a happy spot.

Thoughts on this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016PATXS...lm&pd_rd_r=46KMANVA9CBH1R744FDV&pd_rd_w=kUNWE

Any way will do some more research before I make a decision in a few days.

It sounds like this is for your home right? Why not just get the best audio system you can afford and add a Chromecast Audio dongle to it? It’s Wi-Fi instead of Bluetooth, but that’s actually a good thing as the audio quality it can stream would be higher. Not all apps can connect to Chromecast if you are on an iPhone, but many do including Spotify. Android phones have Chromecast built in at an OS level.

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chrome cast might even be worse than bluetooth

Just get a sonos, since that’s all you really seem to want.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Chrome cast might even be worse than bluetooth

?

Chromecast Audio connects via your home Wi-Fi network and has far more bandwidth advailable then Bluetooth does.

I have a Chromecast connected to my main TV and it works great. Simple to use and I don’t think it ever gives me any trouble.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
?

Chromecast Audio connects via your home Wi-Fi network and has far more bandwidth advailable then Bluetooth does.

I have a Chromecast connected to my main TV and it works great. Simple to use and I don’t think it ever gives me any trouble.
So does airplay if you’re in the Apple ecosystem. Both preferable to Bluetooth, for the above reason. Even with my bad hearing I can tell the difference..

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Sonos is definitely in the right pricepoint. So is wifi streaming that much better than bluetooth? Any other reasons the Sonos will beat the Edifier? I won't lose sleep over connecting to my TV but would love to be able to do so if possible - doesn't seem like the Sonos can do it (my TV will require a physical connection)

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The Sonos is definitely in the right pricepoint. So is wifi streaming that much better than bluetooth? Any other reasons the Sonos will beat the Edifier? I won't lose sleep over connecting to my TV but would love to be able to do so if possible - doesn't seem like the Sonos can do it (my TV will require a physical connection)

Sonos uses Wi-Fi.

Bluetooth’s bandwidth is much more limited then Wi-Fi. You can’t even get “HD” audio over BT unless you use one of the special codecs like aptX. Unfortunately these codecs are not widely supported and Apple doesn’t support any of them.

There is a reason many high end Bluetooth headsets also include the option to connect a standard audio cable. It’s because Bluetooth can’t deliver as good of sound as the cable due to limited bandwidth. If Wi-Fi was as low power draining as BT is then the whole industry would switch over to using it for headphone.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, it's also $250 above my budget. Still leaning toward the Edifier but worried about fitting it on my entertainment center, will also have to think about the bluetooth angle. The Sonos may be straight to the point for me since I could stick it anywhere in the apartment. Hold your breath for my decision tomorrow!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads