• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In Japan, there are 2 types of Samurai films; those made by Akira Kurosawa, and those made by everyone else.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sleepers. Didn't like it too much.

been a long time, at least 12 years, since i saw that, but i recall enjoying it. what didnt you like?

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
best offer - is good, but nothing more than that
alien - first time watched it in hd, it was great i mean i saw 10x more detail than before and they must have cleaned the film or something too.

Last edited:

seeldoger47

Reaction score

Watched this again. Seen this 5 or 6 times this summer. Probably Welles' best film, but not his most influential.

Last edited:

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just back from
. Very entertaining, mostly due to some great visuals rather than a fulfilling story or interesting characters (though Sharlto Copley's Kruger was fun). Overall, not as awesome as District 9 but obviously eons better than the crap fest Pacific Rim.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sleepers. Didn't like it too much.

been a long time, at least 12 years, since i saw that, but i recall enjoying it. what didnt you like?

C'mon man let's be real, is there anything you don't like?

I thought after the antagonist was killed the film screeched to a halt, also some unnecessary characters in there, like the female that seemed to be the boys' groupie. I will say that Bacon was awesome as the sadist guard though.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
IS didn't like Ulee's Gold, so there's at least one data point.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

IS didn't like Ulee's Gold, so there's at least one data point.

I never saw it. Dead serious. ;)

BP - lol, i do enjoy most of what i watch. maybe because i try to set my expectations realistically before i watch something. or maybe im just not a critic. or maybe im a fool. all are possible explanations.

regarding sleepers, like i said, i saw it forever ago. I was probably about 13 and the whole crafty revenge plot probably seemed super cool. I wonder what id think if i watched it now.

Kaplan - glad to hear elysium didnt suck. I have been looking forward to it.

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads