• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The second half was a lot more interesting to me, and totally changed my impression of the film. The first half was a straight-ahead science fiction actioner that would have been completely forgettable had it continued on that trajectory. It wasn't until the second half that they introduced the really interesting ideas and concerns. The kid was a pretty amazing actor, as well.

I like the fact that the pace changed so dramatically at the midpoint - it's the opposite of what we're all used to in a big Hollywood science fiction thriller, which more often than not degenerate into extended chase scenes in their final acts.

Also, I've never thought of Emily Blunt as especially sexy, but
that moment when she's lying on the bed and touches the hem of her dress as she considers seducing Joe was a moment of beautifully understated sensuality, and made me look at her in a new light.

agree to all of this. completely. and the ending was so full of win.

legorogel

Reaction score
I didn't like the ending.
he could have ended it like this a lot earlier, or in the restaurant...

Besides the time travel why is that movie supposed to be so great anyways?

btw just saw pandorum, really liked it. good sci-fi, so rare...

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also, I've never thought of Emily Blunt as especially sexy, but...

Emily Blunt not sexy?

Last edited:

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Meh. Pretty eyes though.

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

^^hot....

Last edited:

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Watched Rear Window again, and let me just say that Grace Kelly is one of the most beautiful women of all time. And this following clip is one of the most erotic and seductive scenes I've ever seen.

Her hair isn't affected by gravity.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When did the Oscars start nominating TV series?

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw the "The Impossible" last night--what a turkey! My wife hated it more than I did. The acting was hammy and overblown--way too much screaming. It was saccharine and ultimately boring, since the whole premise of the movie, based on a true story, is that the family survived and was re-united is already known. I only went because it got rave reviews in both the L.A. Times and the Long Beach Press-Telegram, the latter often being more spot-on in its reviews than the former.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Watched Pride & Prejudice again, lol. Love that movie.

Also rewatched Snatch. Great too.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

"Knuckle" is a documentary about these real life Irish "Travelers". Not much different to the movie.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Watched Pride & Prejudice again, lol. Love that movie.

never saw P&P.

snatch is one of my fave movies.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

never saw P&P.

I like Keira Knightley a lot and she's great in P&P. Love the picture, costumes and cinematography. I also like the story, obviously. I usually can only see very good movies twice in a short timeframe; I've seen P&P three times (or were it four? ;)) in a week -- maybe I've just been in a special mood for it. It relaxes me.

Thanks indfl, might see it.

Last edited:

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I like Keira Knightley a lot and she's great in P&P. Love the picture, costumes and cinematography. I also like the story, obviously. I usually can only see very good movies twice in a short timeframe; I've seen P&P three times (or were it four? ;)) in a week -- maybe I've just been in a special mood for it. It relaxes me.

Have you seen Anna Karenina? I watched it with Jamie the other day but she much preferred P&P.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Watched Argo....

Same complaint. This quick language, quick cut, snappy dialogue. I'm in meetings with smart people all day. Nobody talks like that.

This 'thing' personified by Arron Sorkin's writing style is so awful in this context that it ruins the film's solid plot. I actually like the plot a lot. The writers/Affleck needed to rewatch All The Presidents Men a few times before tucking in on this project.

It did not deserve any oscar nominations. And please let this writing style die. Nobody talks like that in real life. The is the equivalent of the TV series phone call starting with 555 and hang ups where nobody says goodbye. Slow it down, dickheads.

"Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy" flirted with this same fail but it was better execution and IMO a better film.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads