• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let The Right One In is one of my favorites.

I haven't seen a lot of the "classics" like Hellraiser, Re-Animator, Evil Dead, Candyman, etc. They can be inconsistent on how well they hold up decades later (I find the Friday the 13th movies unwatchable). But I did like the recent Fear Street trilogy quite a bit, which pays homage to them.
Ah, forgot about these:
-Near Dark
-Beyond The Black Rainbow

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One more rec. if I may. IMHO, Best Italian movie of the 1960s "Fists in the pocket".
Complete outlier from an usual Italian milieu of childish, simplistic and highly pretentious movies of that decade.

I have seen it, not long after that recommendation.

You have very nihilistic taste my friend ;) I appreciate the mood of the movie but not the outcome. It is an interesting movie by all means. Though I would still go with La Dolce Vita despite its pretentiousness though.

Citing my favorite Italian "From every branch liberty hangs."

spoiler:

No need to involve more people than yourself

Last edited:

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Road House, the 80s cult classic starring Patrick Swayze as a bouncer who stands up to the rich, evil guy who owns the town. I thought it would be one of those “so bad it’s good” movies. Nope, just bad. Glad I didn’t blind buy the 4K UHD disc.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Road House, the 80s cult classic starring Patrick Swayze as a bouncer who stands up to the rich, evil guy who owns the town. I thought it would be one of those “so bad it’s good” movies. Nope, just bad. Glad I didn’t blind buy the 4K UHD disc.

It was so bad it's good imo sort of guilty pleasure. Rich guy being Ben Gazzara who stares intensely and menacingly at things before they die is a nice bonus to have in movie like this. Agreed on not buying 4k UHD movie though. Friend of mine torrented it from Bulagarian site, which is the price this movie is worth(price of electricity). Still entertaining artifact of 1980s :)

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
C'mon- it's definitely craptastic! The Jeff Healey Band, lines like "How did a guy with a philosophy degree from NYU end up a bouncer? Just lucky, I guess", and magnificent scenes like this

I'm so disappointed by you right now...

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
C'mon- it's definitely craptastic! The Jeff Healey Band, lines like "How did a guy with a philosophy degree from NYU end up a bouncer? Just lucky, I guess", and magnificent scenes like this

I'm so disappointed by you right now...

Also, the nightclub from the beginning of the movie was right up the street from where I grew up...

1680482792042.jpeg

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Pain don't hurt" + the whole "pay me $50 and you can fondle her **** - I don't have any money" scene :D

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love Seagal and Van Damme movies from this era, so I have nothing against wooden characters and cheesy dialogue. The fight scenes were . . . not good.

Oswald Cornelius

Reaction score
Road House---it was the first movie that popped to mind when I was thinking of 'movies I always stop to watch if I come across it' from a few weeks back. Speaking of Kelly Lynch (what?) there's an 'only Bill Murray' story about her and Road House and stopping to watch it. Worth a quick google.

Sam Elliott / Patrick Swayze were the inspiration for the Sam Elliott / Bradley Cooper characters in the newer A Star is Born. Not really. Maybe.

Dalton is reading 'A Good Day to Die' by the guy in my avatar in the scene in his barn loft apartment. I have a thing about books a props in movies.

I thought you'd be bigger.

Oswald Cornelius

Reaction score
Yeah. I had no idea that Freddy Rumsen was played by a Murray brother.

lefty
I didn't know it until I read 609's post yesterday and googled. I was scratching my head trying to figure out which character. When I saw his face is was pretty obvious.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads