• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

shoewarma

Reaction score
All of Quentin Tarantino's movies. Started watching them from his very first movie (Reservoir Dogs) to his very last (Once Upon A Time In Hollywood) and I liked every one of those movies.I really recommend any of these movies since they are all very unique.
Reservoir Dogs was a waste of time for me.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
R.302dffe40c1dfec1075d5184cae4642f

Saw this tonight while on my usual "never heard of this movie before" trip. Good movie but yikes there may be 2-3 genuine smiles the whole movie. Joel Kinneman smirks a few times but not the way that makes you feel warm and fuzzy. 7/10.
Good film also part of a series of novels. Not sure if there have been other films made.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's probably been mentioned pages back but I finally caught The Outfit and I found it to be highly enjoyable and just what I was looking for this weekend. Also interesting that Huntsman did the outfits in it. I definitely recommend it.
Currently on Netflix..Sunday night at movie’s material.

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have seen a bunch recently:

Saint Omer - French legal docudrama based on a 2013 case of infanticide. Most of the scenes take place in a courtroom. The exchanges are natural and mundane but captured in a way that's trance inducing. Very strong film overall. The director and lead gave an insightful Q&A after.

Return to Seoul - Adopted French Korean woman flies to Seoul to find her birth parents. This was interesting for about a third to half of the runtime, then it descends into a very tropey and sometimes confusing portrayal of an unhinged ABG (asian baby girl) looking for family and love. I found it cringy. The reviews I read after were not dissimilar to the reviews for Lulu Wang's The Farewell, where critics that probably shouldn't be talking about the authenticity of such films are too dumb and scared to not like it.

One Fine Morning - The director, Mia Hansen-Løve, is so adamant about keeping the film slice-of-life that almost nothing in the story changes. The characters and their situations remain constant from beginning to end. There is only drama in that the characters keep doing the same thing with mostly the same results. Unfortunately, in this instance, everyone in the movie is boring. The whole is not more than the sum of its parts, which are hundreds of short scenes of incessant dialogue about quotidian details.

Emily - A fairly entertaining but wildly inaccurate biopic of Emily Bronte. The lead was good, there is some clumsy/YA-ish writing that's difficult to get past but it was mostly fun and enjoyable.

All the Beauty and the Bloodshed - The specific device of having Nan Goldin narrate her life over slideshows of her photographs, and with no background music, works magnificently.

Novelist's Film - Meh, just another Hong Sang-soo

Keen to see the Nan Goldin, thanks.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's probably been mentioned pages back but I finally caught The Outfit and I found it to be highly enjoyable and just what I was looking for this weekend. Also interesting that Huntsman did the outfits in it. I definitely recommend it.
I also thought this was great fun to watch, and not just for the clothes. But also the clothes!

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reasonable Doubt, a drama-thriller starring Dominic Cooper as a young DA involved in a hit-and-run accident after a night of drinking and Samuel L. Jackson as the man wrongfully accused and tried by the Cooper character for the crime. You think the movie is going one way, then it takes an unexpected turn. It clocks in at a brisk 80 minutes and is well worth your time.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Reasonable Doubt, a drama-thriller starring Dominic Cooper as a young DA involved in a hit-and-run accident after a night of drinking and Samuel L. Jackson as the man wrongfully accused and tried by the Cooper character for the crime. You think the movie is going one way, then it takes an unexpected turn. It clocks in at a brisk 80 minutes and is well worth your time.

I believe I saw this....but can't remember anything about it.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Luther on NetFlix. I'm sure it could be worse, but I'm not sure how. After 15 minutes I tried to look at it as an Austin-Powers-type farce, but after an hour threw in the towel. If I'd paid on AMZ I'd be threatening to cancel Prime, it was that bad.
I just watched that over the weekend. I didn't hate it that much but it took me two tries to get through it. Lost interest after an hour then finished it a day later. Never watched the series though I'm willing to give it a shot as I like the genre.

shoewarma

Reaction score
Watched Road to Perdition yesterday night. Very tastefully shot scenes, score, costume design, and performances from Tom Hanks and Paul Newman, and a neat storyline that adds some character to what could have been a run-of-the-mill gangster movie. It was particularly interesting seeing Tom Hanks in such a violence-driven role, but I thought he pulled it off quite well.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Luther on NetFlix. I'm sure it could be worse, but I'm not sure how. After 15 minutes I tried to look at it as an Austin-Powers-type farce, but after an hour threw in the towel. If I'd paid on AMZ I'd be threatening to cancel Prime, it was that bad.
I’m at 15 minutes and about to turn it off. The series was never a Holmes v Moriarity sure it had plenty of psychos but this is FUBAR.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1424.jpg

Also caught this last night.

What can I say except that it was 2 hours of nonsense!

Middle aged villain and some cohorts are killing some people. Why? Who knows. Luther is in jail and decides that he needs to help. How? Easy...break out!

The coppers are working on finding the villain and feel that they don't need Luther's help.....at first.

Villian must be a billionaire as he has the resources of a small country! Luther, a wanted man, ends up working with his old boss to find and stop the killings.

You really need to play make believe with this one. I stuck with it as I knew I will never come back to watch it again.

1/5!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads