• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Size Are You? Poll

Flartchy

Reaction score
I'm 36S and I'm really surprised there are so many smaller guys here. Very strange. All I see in stores are 42R +. Hell I was in JC Penny the other day with my girlfriend as she returned something and it seemed like everything on the racks was 48+, even into the 50s!

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tombrokaw
It makes sense that people with an interest in fashion maintain a slim build.

But I think the average height here is lower than the population as well, based on very anecdotal readings of shoe sizes. Many are below ten, and I honestly don't personally know a single male with a shoe size below ten.

I'm 6'0" and 175-180lbs, depending on the day, and I take a 9.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flartchy
I'm 36S and I'm really surprised there are so many smaller guys here. Very strange. All I see in stores are 42R +. Hell I was in JC Penny the other day with my girlfriend as she returned something and it seemed like everything on the racks was 48+, even into the 50s!

Annoying isn't it. A lot of brands that do off the rack jackets/suits don't even make 36S and start at either 36R or even 38S. Oh well those brands are rubbish anyway.

Srynerson

Reaction score
This poll is mostly confirming my previously only anecdotal observations that SF is populated by a race of tiny men.
teacha.gif

alphaO888

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bleachboy
Asian men are frequently more interested in style than caucasian men.

From what I've seen most members here are non-asian and there are also plenty of asians I know who are 5'11" or taller.

I think it mostly has to do with (and I'll probably get mauled for this)... Napoleon Complex. People with shorter stature generally feel like they need to do things to stand out more - dressing nicely being one of them. Thus the larger population of smaller individuals on this forum.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alphaO888
People with shorter stature generally feel like they need to do things to stand out more - dressing nicely being one of them. Thus the larger population of smaller individuals on this forum.
Being a person of short stature
smile.gif
, I don' t think that dressing nicely (and wearing fitting/clean clothing) is a way for me to stand out more. For me, it is because I was raised that way. It shows that I care and how I want to be perceive and also a way to show respect to people that I meet and any function or event that I'm in.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flartchy

The state of the American clothing industry is probably what drove a lot of members to sign up to SF in the first place. The availability and access that the internet provides allows for a greater range of sizes vs. going to the local Macys and finding a rack full of sizes that only start at 38, which in American sizing is probably closer to 40 anyways...

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tombrokaw
Really? This is US size right? The guys I know aren't basketball players either, but they are all size 10 or up.

I'm 6ft and wear 9.5/10 US, and I know plenty of guys with smaller feet.
38 chest, but I need a lot of waist suppression, normally.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads