• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is the best eye cream & face cream against puffy-eyes and wrinkles?

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hermes
if you're trying to avoid "chock full of chemicals" products then 'ren' is likely one of your better bets

www.renskincare.com
one of the few lines with no petrochemicals, no parabens, no sulfates, no synthetic colours, dyes, additives, silicones, etc etc etc

korres natural products is another good choice

www.korres.com

... and there are a lot of men's only lines out there, by companies that only produce men's products, menscience, baxter of california, mensgroom, anthony, menaji, etc. all with excellent eye products to solve your problem

Thank you.
I check them out.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To get rid of puffiness I use a refigerated gel mask or spoons that I keep in the freezer. To help provide lift and tighten the skin around the eyes. I use the Super Cop cream from www.skinbiology.com

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
Re-vive line sounds like a infomertial gimmick to me. What did you like about it.
The spiel they give about some molecule that they found as a result of research does not convince me. There were no clinical trials supporting any of his findings.

Have you tried Re-Vive? You specifically asked in your thread to list the products that the posters had a personal experience with. I've used Dr. Perricone, Clarins, Dr. Payot, Erno Laszlo, Creme de la Mer and Re-vive. Re-vive is the only product that I've used and noticed a visible difference. I use the "Intensite les Yeux" and the "Eye Renewal Cream"together. It's available at Saks Fifth Avenue and Barney's New York. I've never seen them in infomercials. They are costly, but worth every penny of it. You could check out other reviews of the product in MUA.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Real men exfoliate. Didn't you know?
tounge.gif

I rest my case.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
Re-vive line sounds like a infomertial gimmick to me.

They are all gimmicks. You're getting old, your face will wrinkle. You have genetics and life to thank for that.

None of this expensive lotion that is suppose to slow down the effects of aging work better than the $3 lotion from Target. If anyone says otherwise, I call BS, and must sadly bear the bad news that it is all marketing hype. Studies have been shown that although these companies play around with the chemical names of the ingredients in these lotions, they are no different than the inexpensive, but good stuff. All marketing hype I tell you.

caelte

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
They are all gimmicks. You're getting old, your face will wrinkle. You have genetics and life to thank for that. None of this expensive lotion that is suppose to slow down the effects of aging work better than the $3 lotion from Target. If anyone says otherwise, I call BS, and must sadly bear the bad news that it is all marketing hype. Studies have been shown that although these companies play around with the chemical names of the ingredients in these lotions, they are no different than the inexpensive, but good stuff. All marketing hype I tell you.
Actually, no...your wrong. But only if your comparing the better stuff to the $3 Target brand. Gregg was right about the water. Handmade, about the cucumber. I've used Dr. Perricone's products and they seem to do the job. Best thing is working out. It will shoot oxygen into your blood and up into your face. Oh, yeah and don't drink. I've been using a two dollar product from Wal Mart made for cow teats that works pretty good. Ater awhile, aging does catch up.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by caelte

I've been using a two dollar product from Wal Mart made for cow teats that works pretty good.

I'm curious about the reasoning process that led you to try this.
smile.gif

caelte

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Renault78law
udder butter?
Uh,...not sure what you mean... The product is UDDERLY SMOOTH. There are two versions, the one for cows works the best. WARNING, this stuff is not ORGANIC. So, please don't give me a bunch of crap about it. My wife says I'm Mel Gibson morphing into Keith Richards..I need industrial strength. Maybe you shouldn't use it if your young, it might melt your skin.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anti-aging is best if done from the inside out, not the other way around. Lotions and potions are fine to compliment proper diet and supplements, but aging will catch up with you in the end if you don't get adequate nutrients or regulate your insulin levels.

caelte

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
Anti-aging is best if done from the inside out, not the other way around. Lotions and potions are fine to compliment proper diet and supplements, but aging will catch up with you in the end if you don't get adequate nutrients or regulate your insulin levels.
That's true. But skin has to be nourished. Diet is most important, but so many men hardly even wash their faces. I spent time at the beach when I was a young man and later worked outdoors. Later still I lived at a high altitude in the Southwest. All this can ravage you skin. You find out what results can be had by making an effort to care for your skin simply by observing those in your age group that find it too much a burden, or too, "unmanly". I was turning other guys onto moisturizer decades ago. All the ones that took the advice were very happy. Also, aging catches up with you, regardless of what you do.
smile.gif

sbbbjm

Reaction score
i'm only 22, but i use an 'anti-aging' lotion in my acne regimen bc it has alpha hydroxy which helps slough off the dull, dead skin quicker. its called Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion Night and lots of women swear by this stuff on www.makeupalley.com - they have different variations on the same basic ingredients and they all cost around $12. i know it works because i can tell a difference in the dullness of my skin when i haven't used the stuff in 2 or 3 weeks

p.s. i go to makeupalley before i buy a lot of my grooming type products from shampoo to moisturizers. sure its mainly a women's site but i'm not afraid of a pink background and women reviewers if its going to save me from buying crap -

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been using Emu Oil on my face, works great. Careful with lotions, especially $3 stuff as they contain parabens.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads